Cinderella Man Chapter 25

Why hello there everybody, I come bearing another update. Exciting stuff huh?

Now, this story is very close to being finished, I predict 4-5 more chapters. It's sad to see this story go, I've become very attached to the characters and I can't imagine not writing about Sam and Emily anymore!

Well anyways, I hope you enjoy this update, please let me know what you think!

Enjoy

Sam’s POV

The royal countdown has begun until the wedding. There are reminders everywhere I look. It’s in newspapers, on the news, splashed across the page of every magazine. You can buy plates, cups, even bed sheets with Emily and James’s faces on them. There’s no escaping this wedding.

And that’s all I want to do.

I want to bury my head in the sand and deny that it’s happening. If I can’t see it, then it’s not real.

The memorabilia is not the only thing keeping Emily on my mind. My choice of living is as well.

When I got my first pay check and was looking for somewhere to make my permanent home, the first permanent home I’d had in years, no place seemed better than the luxurious flats facing my favourite place on this Earth.

Our little park.

Now, I regret this decision with everything in me.

How the hell am I meant to move on when I can’t even look out of my window without being reminded of Emily? I can see every element that we loved so much, from the bench where we met to the fountain that used to capture our attention.

There is the constant reminder of our relationship staring at me every time I look out my window.

“Sam, do you want to watch ‘The Big Bang Theory’ now or shall we wait until later?” Ashley calls out from the living room.

I tear my eyes away from the reminder of Emily and start to make my way into the living room.

“We can watch it now if you want, the Chinese should be here soon anyways,” I smile at her as she lays on the sofa, remote in one hand, a glass of wine in the other.

“Okay, well come on then. It’s about the start and I know how annoyed you get when you miss the opening scene. You feel like you’ve missed something important.” I only laugh as I sit down next to her as she drapes her legs over mine.

Ashely spends a lot of her free time in my apartment now. We even travel to the studio together. She’s become a major element in my life, and I’m happy to have her company.

Then, an advert for the royal wedding merchandise once again comes on TV.

“Aw, I can’t wait until the wedding! I wonder what her dress will look like, who’s going to be there, what kind of displays they’ll have. Ah it’s all so romantic, like a real life fairy-tale. Cinderella can suck it, girls want to be Princess Emily now,” Ashley enthuses. I laugh at this; Emily would laugh at being compared to Cinderella.

“Aren’t you excited? I get the day off work; we could go down to the church and cheer them as they take their first steps as man and wife. Now that would be cool.”

“Um, weddings aren’t really my thing, but you go yourself and I’ll look out for you on TV,” luckily, a knock at the door prevents me from having to give more of an explanation, “that’s probably the Chinese.”

I make my way to the door, picking up my wallet on the way so I can pay for the buffet that Ashley and I have ordered. Swinging the door open, I see the last person I was expecting to be on my doorstep.