Cinderella Man Chapter 3

I'm so so sorry it's taken me forever and a half to get this chapter done and up, been having a little bit of writers block on it I guess!

But I do promise I'll try to upload this story more often for you guys!

Thank you so much for sticking with me during my serious slacking on this book! You'll all amazing...

Please vote and comment to let me know what you all think

Thank you

Enjoy :)

Sam's POV

"Stand up straight, shoulders back," the old guy, whose name is Derek, tells me tapping me on the shoulder with a meter ruler.

I'm standing in a tux shop, surrounded by suits that cost more than I have ever owned in my whole life, while Derek is trying to teach me how to act like a respectable young man.

It's not going well.

"The ball is tomorrow Sam, you understand that, you only have until tomorrow to get this right," he scolds me, like I need reminding; I haven't been able to forget it.

"Try this on, then come out and show me," he says as he hands a plain and simple black tuxedo.

Bossy, bossy old man, I barely know the guy but somehow he thinks it's his mission in life to get me well presented for that ball.

Like she's going to pick me, yeah I can fool her for a night; put on a good mask until the next day. If she wants me then, it's because she likes the lie, not the real guy who lives on a park bench and plays guitar on the streets.

She won't want me then, she won't be able to run away fast enough.

I tie the bow tie round my neck, finishing the look. Hmm... not bad.

"Now that's the look we're going for," Derek smiles as I walk out of the fitting room, the first time I've seen him smile since our first meeting.

"All we need now is to get you a haircut, oh and definitely a shave. We'll do all that tomorrow though; we don't need to push it. Ok take it off and I'll pay for it."

What, I can't let this stranger buy me a suit, I don't need peoples charity.

"You don't need to this sir, I'm perfectly fine you know," I stutter out, I don't need this guy buying me stuff.

"Now you listen to me young man, I want to help you and you're going to let me. I need good karma, and you're the perfect case for it. So let me do this, everybody deserves one night where they get to feel good about themselves," he smiles and pushes me into the fitting room so I can change back into the new clothes he's already bought me so I could get into the posh shop.

A couple of minutes and £300 later, we're outside on the busy streets of London.

"Thank you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it, but I better get back. It's Saturday, lots of people on the streets, little bits of money to be made. I'll see you tomorrow sir," I smile and walk down the streets back to my bench carrying a huge expensive bag.

Somehow the picture just doesn't look right, a scruffy young man with a face full of stubble and a mess of hair sitting on top of his head, strolling down the street in new clothes and an over expensive bag.

People don't look at me as much, only sometimes to look at the odd picture of a man walking down the streets.

I don't take long, but I finally reach it, my new favourite place in the world.