Cinderella Man Chapter 16

Hey, you guys still there...? I don't blame you if you're not!

So here's another chapter.... And it physically feels like years since I've written one.

Once again, I feel horrible for making you guys wait for so long! I'm ashamed, I should have been working harder on this and I'm sorry...

But here it is guys... I hope you still remember the last one!

There's a nice little surprise at the end, I actually squealed when I wrote it!

I hope you guys like it and leave me the beautiful feedback that I sometimes get from you... it makes me feel amazing when you do!

Thank you :)

Enjoy <3

Sam's POV

My sighting of Emily has only managed to remind me of how lonely I suddenly feel.

I've been on my own for years now, surviving with minimal human contact. I didn't need people; I was okay on my own. The streets are a lonely place to live, even with the constant stream of people around you, and I had accepted my situation through the years.

But this girl, this amazing beautiful girl, has managed to make me need her. I physically need her to function now, I need her to breath. Now that she's not here, I feel lost.

And I know that her deadline is nearly up.

In a couple of days, Emily is going to announce who her future husband is and I have to accept whatever her decision is. I have to push down all my love for her, and feel happy that she is with someone more suited for her life.

I just hope he takes care of her.

She deserves to be looked after, to be loved and treated right. I hope he understands how lucky he is to have her and is thankful every day of his life that he gets to call her his wife. I hope that she is happy with the decision that she had to make, and doesn't look back on it in regret.

But I also hope that she thinks of me.

When she looks at him, I hope it's my eyes she sees. When he tells a joke, I hope she imagines my laugh. When he tells her he loves her, I hope she thinks of that time in the park where I said those sweet words to her.

But I don't want her to look back in sadness. I don't want her to wish she was seeing me or hearing me speak, I just hope that she remembers. I want her to remember our time fondly and to have good memories of it.

I love that girl and I want her to be happy, even if it's not with me.

I sit in the studio, strumming my guitar gently as I let my thoughts take over. I don't know what I'm playing or how it's sounding; I'm just letting my fingers take their own course.

Whenever I think of Emily, I play sad songs. Complicated chords that create a soft yet saddened harmony. Whenever I think of her, I can't help but let my music be over taken by my thoughts.

"Wow..." I hear come over the speakers into the recording booth as I strum my last note. Derek's looking at me through the window separating us and his look says it all, he's happy with my performance.

"You really are talented Sam," he compliments.

"Thank you, that wasn't really anything I planned. My thoughts kind of took over and that was the outcome," I admit.

"Well, your thoughts sound beautiful."

I just smile at him, sifting my guitar a little and getting ready for my real performance.