~ ten ~

;

paul knocked on louisa's front door, a firm three knocks, ready to take louisa out to the cavern club. louisa's mother opened the door and smiled welcomingly at paul. "paul!" she said warmly, turning back round to call up the stairs for her daughter, "louisa! paul's here!"

"coming!" the faint sound of louisa's voice called out from upstairs before she came tumbling down the stairs, walking up to door and smiling at paul. he looked her up and down briefly, admiring her in her all black attire and her blonde hair which she allowed to naturally fall down to her chest.

"you look beautiful," paul said, causing louisa to blush slightly as she fiddled around with her fingers.

"i'll be asleep by the time you get back, honey but don't be too late and be responsible!" her mother told her, folding her arms across her chest.

louisa rolled her eyes. "don't worry mum i will be," she said, stepping out from the house and next to paul. her mother smiled at the two of them, waving them off as they walked towards the others in the car.

"john managed to let mimi lend him her car so, we're driving today!" paul said, opening the door. louisa peered inside the small car to see the others, who all waved and smiled at her, sharing a few hey louisa's between them. john sat in the drivers seat with cynthia next to him in the passengers side, jade on stu's lap in the back, george in the middle and just one seat remaining.

"sorry lou, it's pretty snug and there's only one seat left, looks like you'll be sitting on paul's lap," john said, a sly grin creeping on his face. louisa just rolled her eyes, choosing to show that she didn't care that much and sat down carefully on paul's lap once he'd sat down.

"sorry about this," paul whispered to her, running his hand down her side reassuringly.

"it's okay," she said, though she wasn't exactly comfortable; the roof of the car was rather low which meant she had to stay ducked down for the whole journey and it was very much a relief once they arrived at the club.

"look at this place!" john said, gesturing towards the club, "it's a lot cooler than the casbah."

"well let's hope we can start getting gigs here then, ay?" george said as they all went inside. it was pretty dingy, the ceiling was a low arch with the brickwork left exposed but something about it seemed special.

they all sat down at a table in the corner, whilst stu and george then left to get everyone beers. paul slipped his arm around louisa's waist subtly, pulling her in slightly closer but of course john noticed.

"awh, look at you two," john cooed, leaving paul to roll his eyes and louisa to smile awkwardly. "finally got what you wanted, paulie. you should've seen him lou, he was so jealous of oscar and for a long damn time."

louisa looked at paul next to her. "you were jealous?" she asked, trying to conceal a smile.

paul shuffled slightly. "only a little recently," he said, pursing his lips and john let out an exasperated laugh.

"only recently? lou he's been jealous since before summer. he might have been an arse about it but he was, glaring at the two of you from across the club. probably had a good wa-"

"john!" cynthia said scornfully, slapping him on the arm whilst paul glared at him and jade sat there laughing.

stu and george came back, struggling to hold the beers between them, placing them down on the table before everyone reached in and grabbed one.

"sorry about john," paul whispered to louisa as he took a sip from his beer.

"it's alright," she replied, "i'm used to john being a prick."