Chapter 8

"Ramona be careful!" Regina called out as Ramona struggled to hang a lantern and lost her footing. Their DJ Carlos ran up to her in enough time to catch her. Regina shook her head, the last thing she needed was a member of her staff being sent to the hospital. After checking to make sure that Ramona was okay, Regina went to go check on the bridal party suite where the bridesmaids would change into their reception dresses. After a quick overlook of the entire yacht Regina let out a long sigh as the bridal party boarded the yacht first. Regina directed the bridesmaids to their suite and kept the groomsmen from over indulging in the open bar before the reception started. As Regina walked out of the suite she bumped right into Christian's chest, she looked up at him and rolled her eyes.

"Gina you have to talk to me." He said

"I don't have to do anything." She snapped as she brushed past him. Regina was trying very hard to keep her anger in check; she could not let her emotions get the best of her.

Christian cursed under his breath as he watched her walk away, it seemed like no matter what he did their encounters would end with Regina either causing him bodily harm or trying to cut him with her words. There used to be a time where all he had to do was touch her and her anger would melt away instantly. It was obvious to him that his usual tactics would no longer work; he was going to have to reorganize his strategy.

****

"Oh Gina this was better than I imagined thank you." Cookie said as she hugged Regina for the third time.

"You're welcome Cookie," Regina said as Cookie released her and Regina was able to fill her lungs with air.

"Come on sweetheart we better get going." Kevin Cookie's fiancé said.

After Cookie and Kevin left Regina and her team went to work taking down the decorations they had provided.

"How long are you going to torture my brother?" Maxwell asked as he helped Regina down from a ladder.

"Until the end of time." She said simply.

"And he would deserve it for being such a jackass, but I can't take his sulking. He looks like a brooding puppy." Maxwell said as he looked at Christian who was sitting by the bar nursing a drink as he scowled at Maxwell. Maxwell wrapped his arm around Gina's waist pulling her closer to him as a smirk played at his lips.

"You know Regina if you gave me half a chance I could make you a thousand times happier than my selfish brother." Maxwell said loud enough so Christian could hear him. Regina could see Christian's jaw tense up as his eyes narrowed. Christian pushed back his seat and Maxwell pulled Regina into his chest and placed a light kiss on her lips.

"That should light a fire under his ass." He mumbled and it seemed like within a blink of an eye Christian grabbed Maxwell by the back of his suit jacket and pulled him away violently. Regina watched as Christian escort his brother off of the yacht; she was surprised that he didn't toss Maxwell overboard.

As Christian stalked his way back up the boarding ramp his eyes locked onto his next target. Regina took in a deep breath and stumbled back as Christian hovered over her, she could see the storm brewing in his eyes. Regina could have sworn that she had seen lighting flash across his eyes.

"We need to talk." He growled as he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards the cabins.

This isn't happening again. Regina thought as she pulled back and dug her heels into the floor. Christian whipped his head around and glared at her.

"Don't mess with me Regina." He warned her. Regina's stomach twisted up in knots as Christian shoved her into the sitting lounge and forced her into a seat.