Chapter 20

Regina closed her eyes as Verity rambled on about something she knew she should be listening to but she just couldn't keep her eyes open. Christian had paid her back and then some after he finally got loose. She could still feel his strong hand wrapped around her wrists as his mouth tortured her.

"Regina Washington are you listening to me?"

"Huh-hm-what?" she spat out as she sat up straight in her chair.

"I said Tarriq is going to China tomorrow, we have to go meet him today before he leaves."

"As in right now?"

"Yeah when else are we going to do it? What's up with you this morning?" Verity asked as she eyed Regina suspiciously.

"Nothing I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." she said and Verity raised her eyebrow.

"Mmmhm I bet, does your spacing out have anything to do with a certain blond headed Texan?"

Regina slowly nodded her head yes and Verity burst into laughter.

"What did you do?" she asked and Regina told her the story which only sent Verity into a deeper laughing fit.

"Serves your butt right you know you can't mess with that man like that. I believe I shall have a lot of fun during your pregnancy." Verity said with a smile as she collected her belongings. "We need to get going before we miss Tarriq."

"Just give me a minute, who's car are we taking?"

"Let's take mine since it's bigger." Verity said before walking out of the office.

Regina climbed into Verity's car and was greeted with a bag of snacks.

"I was thinking we should take the day and go to that spa we like in Atlantic City." Verity beamed.

"We have too much work to do to play hooky."

"I left instructions with Teresa and Ramona they can hold down the fort until we get back. Please can we go?" Verity ended with a pout. Regina stared at her for a few moments before letting out a sigh.

"You usually don't want to play hooky and I've never been one to turn down a day of play so why not." Regina said with a grin as Verity squealed with excitement. Verity turned on the radio and cranked up the volume as Michael Jackson's P.Y.T began to play.

*****

"How much trouble do you think we're in?" Verity asked as they walked up the pathway to Verity's house. The door opened and Dimitri stood in the doorway. By the look on his face they could tell he was not amused by their little adventure. They hadn't planned on staying the whole day but by the time they left the spa it was already past 10 o'clock and neither of them had called to let Dimitri or Christian know where they were.

"We're in some deep-" Regina stopped mid-sentence as soon as Christian appeared in the doorway. Regina swore she could see the steam coming off of him.

Apparently this is my week to get in trouble. She thought as Christian stepped out of the house. He grabbed her hand, said goodnight to Dimitri as he dragged her off to his truck. The ride home was quiet and tense. Christian walked Regina up to her condo kissed her cheek and then left. Regina pouted as she dragged herself towards her bathroom and turned the shower on.

The next day Regina found herself spacing out in the middle of the meeting with her newest bride, Candace. So far she only knew that Candace worked for an orphanage and her favorite color was Tiffany blue.

"When did you want to get married?"

"This December," she said and Regina could tell that she was a little annoyed it was the third time Regina had asked the question.