Chapter 1

Regina sighed miserably as she sank down into the sofa in the reception area. She just had the lunch date from hell. The man talked about himself the entire time; he then had the nerve to ogle at their waitress whenever she passed by. Finally having enough Regina paid for her meal and told the man to have a nice life.

"When did this get so hard?" she muttered as she tossed her arm over her face. It had been three years since she had last been in a serious relationship and all it left her with was a bucket full of tears and a lonely heart. Regina felt a hand on her arm and when she peeked over her arm she saw Sabrina's chocolate covered smiling face.

"Hey munchkin where's your mommy?"

"Sabrina please wait for mommy." Verity said as she ran into the reception room behind her daughter.

"Getting your daily workout?" Regina asked as she picked Sabrina up and hugged her.

"I curse the day she learned how to walk." Verity huffed as she dropped her bag and the baby bag onto the floor.

"I thought munchkin was going to grandma and grandpas house this morning."

"Dad had a doctor's appointment; they will be by to pick her up afterwards." Verity said as she began to wipe the mess off of Sabrina's face.

"First missy decides she doesn't want to get dressed this morning I spent an hour chasing her around the house trying to get her dressed. Then during breakfast she got egg all in her hair. On the way here she somehow smuggled a piece of chocolate in her car seat and this is what we ended up with." Verity said all in one breath as Sabrina fussed with her mother.

"She's so sassy." Regina said with a laugh. "She gets that from me." She beamed and Verity rolled her eyes.

"It's so hard being a single parent." Verity said as she took a seat next to Regina.

"I told you she needs to be in daycare, there is nothing wrong with letting other people watch her."

"Try explaining that to my mother." Verity said shaking her head as Teresa walked in.

"It's about time you got here Verity," Teresa said barely looking at her sister as she reached for Sabrina. "How is auntie's favorite little pumpkin?" Teresa said as she took Sabrina from Regina's lap.

"Teresa don't start I've had a rough morning, who is my 2 o'clock?"

"Heck if I know check your schedule." Teresa said with a shrug as she kissed Sabrina's chubby cheeks."

"Teresa you're my receptionist." Verity huffed as she stormed over to the receptionist desk and pulled up her schedule on the computer.

"The 2 o'clock is for a Misty Harris and it's for Regina and I. Have we spoken to her yet?" Verity asked Regina.

"No this is the first time I've heard her name."

Usually Regina and Verity liked to have a phone conference before the first sit-down meeting so they could get a general idea of what the bride wanted and they could do a mock-up.

"Well she'll be here in an hour and a half, just call me when she gets here, I'm going to pay Jess a visit." Regina said as she stood up.

"Oh I want to come." Verity said sounding like a little school girl.

"Me too, I always love going to see Jess, it makes me want to get married again." Teresa said dreamily as she followed behind Regina and Verity.

Jess was the wedding dress designer that had moved into the office space two floors down. All of the women became fast friends after sharing stories of the craziest brides they ever worked with; when Regina found out that Jess was getting married she did not hesitate to offer her services. The women piled into the elevator and pressed for the fifth floor, Sabrina giggled as the elevator began its descent. The door slid open and the women walked into the door marked Forever Beautiful.