Chapter 5

Regina stared at herself in the mirror for what had to be the one hundredth time. Even though she was the self-proclaimed dating queen she still became nervous on a first date. She smoothed out the front of shirt and hoped that she wasn't too under dress. Andrew told her to dress casually so she wore a simple cotton and lace blouse with a pair of cropped denim capris. The doorbell rang and Regina ran her fingers through her freshly curled hair and examined her make-up quickly before answering the door to find Andrew standing in the door way with a bouquet of lilies and a dazzling smile.

"Hi." She offered up trying her best not just stand there like drooling idiot at the giant hunk of man standing before her. Regina didn't realize how tall he was compared to her standing at 5'9 she was used to seeing eye to eye with the men she dated.

"Hi Regina you look beautiful." Andrew said as he handed her the bouquet of flowers. "Verity told me these were you favorites."

"They are, thank you. Come on in while I put these in some water." Regina said allowing him in. She watched as he walked pass her, his large body over shadowing her.

"They don't run small in your family do they?" Regina murmured as she admired his broad shoulders.

"What was that?" he asked as Regina closed the door.

"Um I was talking about your height, is everyone in your family as tall as you?"

"No." he said with a chuckle as he sat down in an arm chair, he didn't look a bit comfortable in the tiny chair.

"I just asked because Dimitri is pretty tall and so are you so..." Regina trailed off.

Shut up Gina you sound stupid.

"Dimitri and I were blessed with our grandfather's height and build he was 6'9 and my grandmother was 5 feet."

"Wow how did that work." Regina wondered aloud.

"The old woman was something fierce she knew how to bring a grown man to their knees when they act up. Believe me I know." Andrew said with a laugh.

"How tall are you exactly?"

"6'7" Andrew said proudly. Regina let out a low whistle he was definitely the tallest man she had ever dated. Due to her height Regina preferred men in the six foot range.

This is going to be interesting.

"Let me put these in some water and we can go." Regina said before disappearing into the kitchen and put the flowers in a vase before grabbing her purse.

"Where are we going?" Regina asked as they walked out of her apartment building.

"It's a surprise. Andrew said as he opened the car door for her.

Andrew had taken Regina kayaking it was definitely a surprise.

"Would you relax, I won't let anything happen to you." Andrew said giving her a reassuring smile as the instructor checked her life vest.

"Is this what ya'll do on a first date in California?"

"For the most part then we get tofu burgers afterwards." Andrew said and Regina cringed.

"I'm kidding," Andrew said as he laughed. "Just trust me it'll be fun." Andrew said as he climbed into the kayak.

I look like a beach wale in this thing. Regina fussed as she looked down at herself in the wet suit and life vest. Andrew held out his hand and helped her into the kayak placing her in front of him.

"Okay guys get ready to push off." The instructor said. When they pushed off Regina felt like her heart had jumped into her throat.

"We're going to die," Regina cried as she paddled through the water "I think I saw a shark." Andrew put his hand on her shoulder.