Chapter 18

"I am so tired of throwing up." Regina cried as she pulled her face up from the toilet. She had half a mind to take up permanent residence in the bathroom. Her morning sickness had now become all-day sickness and it just wasn't fair. Verity didn't have any morning sickness so why was she plagued with it.

After splashing water on her face and brushing her teeth for the second time that night, she staggered out of the bathroom and into a groggy Christian's arms.

"Make it stop." She cried as Christian picked her up and placed her back into bed.

"I don't know what to give you," he said with a yawn.

"How do you not know you're a surgeon?"

"Exactly if you need slicing I'm your man." He said and Regina rolled her eyes as she buried her head under her pillow.

"I should call mom, she'll know what to do."

"No don't call her," Regina said quickly.

"Why not?"

"Because then she'll know and she'll tell my dad and it won't be good if he hears it from someone else."

Christian cringed as he thought about having to tell Darrell that he impregnated his daughter.

"I think I have some crackers in the kitchen, they might help," Christian said before rushing out of the room. He returned a few minutes later with a package of Saltines and a cup of tea. Regina went through the package of crackers like a ravenous beast; it was the first thing she had been able to keep down in two days.

"We need to stock up on these," Regina said as she finished off the last cracker. Christian brushed away the crumbs from her lips before planting a kiss on her lips.

"What was that for?"

"Do I have to have a reason for wanting to kiss you?"

"No but that was an I'm up to something kiss," Regina said as she raised her eyebrow at him and Christian smiled.

"I kinda am up to something." He said as he raked his fingers through his hair nervously as he stretched over her and pulled the drawer open to the nightstand.

"What are you doing, you're squishing me," Regina complained as she tried to push him off her. Christian pulled something from the drawer before sitting back.

"What are you up to Dr. Grey?"

"I'm just correcting a mistake I made." He said opening his hand revealing Regina's engagement ring connected to a chain. Regina's breath caught at the base of her throat as she stared at the three-carat vintage Harry Winston ring.

"You still have it?" she said barely audible as she ran her finger across the band.

"Of course, it's never left my side since the day you gave it back to me. I kicked myself every day for not fighting for you, for our relationship. I must have replayed that night in my head a thousand times and tried to search for the words that would make things right but I could never find them until now." Christian said as he took the ring off the chain.

"I was a coward I should have stayed until we had everything resolved. From the day you crashed into my life, and your melons onto my foot you have been the most important thing to me. Now that I have you back in my life, I don't want to let you go. I promise to support you in whatever it is you want to do. I promise to love you as if each day is my last. I promise to be the best husband and father I can be. Regina Tamia Washington will you marry me?" Christian asked and all the blubbering Regina could do was shake her head yes.

"You jerk look at what you made me do." She cried as she tried to wipe away the never-ending flow of tears. "I love you Christian." She said as she kissed his lips.