Chapter Eight

Melina awoke the next morning feeling sore. She winced slightly as she moved. She saw Tempest smiling down at her.  Tempest gently stroked her face.

"Ssh my sweet one I know you're sore. A bath is being prepared for you" Tempest informed her and eased Melina in an upright position. Melina noticed the two maids preparing a bath for her.

Once the bath was ready and the maids had left. Tempest scooped Melina up in her arms and carried her to the tub. Melina winced slightly as she sank in the warm water.

Tempest knelt down beside the tub and  began to wash Melina's form. Melina sighed softly as Tempest cleaned her body with care and a tenderness that she only showed a select few. Tempest smirked as she gently cupped her; Melina moaning at the contact.

"My dear is wanting more" Tempest spoke chuckling slightly as she rubbed her entrance, a finger entering the cave.

"Yes I do" Melina murmured quietly.

"Then I will give you more but...later" she spoke with a small hesitation as she removed her finger. She rose and helped Melina out; wrapping her in a towel as she dried her body. She smiled as she felt her developing chest and looked forward to the day she could sink her fangs into the tender flesh and although the marks would heal when she turned her; Tempest continued to resist biting her.

Tempest dressed her in a lilac silk robe and again bound her hair in a braid. Tempest then wrapped the braid round and pinned it in place. Once satisfied, Tempest kissed Melina tenderly before dressing herself in her leathers.

She attached the leash to her collar before leading her out. Tempest led her outside and headed to the town surrounding the palace. People bowed as they walked past and Melina wondered what Tempest was planning.

Tempest looked around the place as she inspected her territory and the humans she controlled. Once satisfied, she returned her attention to Melina.

"We shall be heading back now" was all she said before heading back to the Palace. Once back inside, Tempest led her back to her chamber where she ordered food bought up. Once Melina was eating, Tempest left the room and headed to visit Marisa.

Kali opened the door and bowed her head as Tempest entered the room. Tempest smiled as she approached Marisa who was sitting up in bed; her belly already beginning to show. Born vampires developed quicker than humans. A five year old vampire looked around 10 in human years however once they reached the equivalent of 20 their aging slowed down dramatically. Half vampires were very similar although they would eventually grow older and die; but they did live a couple of centuries.

Tempest sat beside Marisa and placed a hand on her belly.

"How are you feeling my dear?" She asked.

"I'm fine my Queen just tired" Marisa replied as Tempest nodded in understanding.

"Of course my dear there is a life growing inside you; a child that is part human and vampire. Kali come" Tempest spoke. Kali approached and knelt down.

"Hold out your arm" commanded Tempest who took hold of the offered arm. She ran a sharp finger nail, making a small cut. Marisa looked at the blood as she realized what she would have to do.

"Come my dear and drink for our child" Tempest spoke softly. Marisa lent forward and licked the blood on Kali's arm. She felt something stir inside her body as she licked again till the blood stopped.

She eased back and Tempest released Kali's arm.

"Good my dear I shall bring someone over later for you. Now you must rest and I will leave you under Kali's care" Tempest said as she rose to her feet and left the room.