Chapter 49: Trust Broken Twice Along With A Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

I looked at her. "What do you mean? Nothing will ever change about how much I like you."

She bit her bottom lip nervously. "No... it might. And... I understand. But you should hear it before we get official—"

I got a phone call. "Shoot, I'm so sorry, Michelle."

"It's okay," she smiled.

I quickly answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Ethan?" A lady's voice came through. "It's Mrs. Lavensted. Are you the one throwing the party?"

"Excuse me?" I asked. "Party?"

"At your house," Our neighbor said. "It's really loud and people are complaining. They're about to call the cops."

"Thank you so much for notifying me," I told her and hung up. I turned to Michelle. "Hey, I'm so sorry. My brothers... they caused some trouble."

Michelle got up. "Is everything alright?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but... I have to go... I'm so sorry."

I was thankful she was so understanding so I walked outside, texting both Brandon and Evanna. I texted my other brothers too but nobody was responding.

No fucking way.

I called them over and over again but nobody out of the 6 people were answering me. Every second, I got more pissed. I trusted Brandon and left him in charge which was my mistake. It was my fault.

How dumb could I be, leaving Brandon in charge?

I rushed to our house and when I got there, my jaw dropped. Over a hundred people were there. When people noticed me, they all greeted me and asked me to join.

I was furious that I had to leave my date just because Brandon decided to be a fucking dumbass and not listen to me.

I was going to kill him.

"Ethan!" One of the guys yelled. "Bro, join us! It's really fucking fun here!"

"I'll pass," I told them.

"Man," He said. "You've become way too soft. No partying? Doesn't sound like you."

"That sounds like me when I didn't think I had responsibilities," I told him, laughing.

"Then you should take a break and jump in the pool, yeah?"

I rolled my eyes, smiling. It wouldn't hurt. Wouldn't hurt to have a small drink or two. People were running around the house, water dripping off them. Everybody was screaming and I was wondering where Brandon was, but I didn't care right now.

I was playing beer pong with some friends until Brandon came, grabbed my arm, and pulled me out.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Brandon whisper-yelled at me. "When did you get here?"

"What do you want?" I asked, shoving his arm away.

"Evanna got pushed into the swimming pool, almost drowned, she's still shaking and— you asked me why there were people in the house. Aren't you mad?"