18:: Drama and Cruise.

Rubie.

College got all of us, especially with concluding our third year. We were packed with so much work to do, some were not even our capability but, we had to do it anyway.
Once in a while, I take a few days off tedious activities to get myself together. In my opinion, I feel Jodie is really slacking in her studies. She's barely available and hardly seen by me and everyone else. Vin is being a huge distraction as to why she is here, as someone that respects people's privacy, I don't bother bringing up the topic even when I'm pushed to.

My love life has slightly improved, in the sense that I get to go on a couple of dates with Joe and have a mini tour with him every now and then. He is trying to be the best boyfriend by showing so much care and affection. In the real sense, he should just be himself and nothing more. No, the ship between us is not sinking, we're getting there. It's just two years, I think.

I decided to plan out my weekend and holidays in a piece of paper. Getting a job is the last thing on my mind, especially when you have a sister who is loaded and a dad that can afford all my needs.

Olivia's wedding occupied a couple of days out of my holiday. In my mind, I'm so happy for my sister. She wanted to take things slow and now, Bobby showed her that he is a perfect match for her. The wedding process is covered by Olivia's friends, the top notch people in the academy of models. They have seen far and wide to know what is best for their friend. The only thing I am supposed to do is to present myself for measurements and other necessary things when I am being sent for. The journey from here to New York has been so tedious. Skipping school to attend one pre-bridal event sure takes most of my time. I'm afraid of my grades falling, to be the best or close to the best, I have to step up in my studies.

After a full seven hour lecture, I dragged my exhausted self to my hostel. I greet a few friends on the way before taking a cab. Resting my tired body on the car seat, I zoned to Dreamland.

"We're here. Wake up, Miss." Was the call that got me up.

"It's twenty minutes already?" I mutter to myself.

"Yes, can you get down and pay me?" The rude and egocentric cab guy said to me. I don't have time for anyone's bullshit. Not today.

"Here, have your money. And please, Learn how to talk to people." I say to him and he sighs then drives away.

"Jerk!" I yell and pack my messy hair that was blown by the breeze with a band.

"Hey!" Jodie calls out to me. Apparently, she invited a few friends over who are annoyingly sitting on my bed.

"Hi." I greet her back then turn to the girls. "Er. . .Excuse me, you don't sit on people's bed's. I don't like it."

"So, where do we sit then?" One of the bitchy girls speak first. Blowing gum like SA girl. Yeah, I miss Lani so much. She's through with her two and the half year program in the UK. She has gone back to SA. . . I mean Kenya.

"Em. . .On the floor." I say sarcastically and point my hands to the couch. The three girls sigh and take the couch and the floor. Not in my room.

"Can I talk to you for a sec, Jo'?" I grit my teeth.

"Sure."

"Outside."

We both go to the hallway and I wait for her to close the door.

"Who are those girls? Why are they looking like street girls? What is your relationship with those bitches?"

Yes, I said that.

"Will you shut the hell up and let me speak?" She blurts out, looking upset with me.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Talk to me."