17:: Telling my secret.

"Tell me your secret and I'll tell you mine." ( I have no idea where this line came out from😊. Anywayyy.)

A year and six months later.

Harry's POV.

I have only one secret and it has reduced my relationship with my family. My identity changed the very first day I noticed it. I told my older brother about it and I could tell he was totally shocked to hear such news. He didn't know that his own sibling felt that way about himself, I didn't blame him. After all, I kept it for so long away from my family and loved ones.

At first, I had this strong feeling that something was wrong somewhere but I shoved that thought away and went about my normal life doing normal teenage stuff. June 23rd 2017, I became a man that I couldn't control. I saw myself battling with the worst nightmare of my life at that time. My parents, friends, and even my sister had no single idea of what I was facing inside, the thing was already killing me.

I found out that I am always comfortable staying in the midst of guys, as for girls, I lose my composure every damn time. It looked normal at first until I tried kissing a guy at the park and confessed my love to him. The guy was from my neighborhood, about three houses away from mine at that time. He was about year or two years older than me. Shocker, I know.
We went about our normal lives and tried to forget the mistake that happened until one day, my dad invited his dad over, since we're the same age grade, my dad requested for him to keep me company.

We both said an awkward hello before my dad forced me to show him my room. Like I'm a girl. I actually did show him my room.

"It's East. Yours?" He reached out for a handshake.

"Cameron Davson. You can call me Harry. My friends call me that." I reply the handshake.

"Oh, More like a nickname huh?" He asked.

"Er. . .No. Harry is actually part of my names. My dad just calls me Cameron most times, that's why."

"Oh. Nice."

"Yeah." I slide my hands into my front pocket.

"You've got a nice room though." He scans through my blue painted room with wall pictures, my guitar lying at a place and a welcome rug in front of the room. Very simple room. Typical teenage room.

"Thanks." I reply awkwardly then looked away.

"So, about what happened last time--" he just had to bring it up.

"It was probably a--" he cuts me off.

"I kinda liked it actually. Welcome to the club brother." He pats my back and sits comfortably on my bed.

"what do you mean? What club are you talking about?" I shoot a confused look, obviously waiting for an explanation.

"You don't know what I mean? C'mon dude." I shake my head in the negative direction.

"It's so simple. You're guy, so am I." I froze immediately. How did he know that?

"Dude, it's pretty obvious here. You wanted to kiss me at the park. Face it, you're gay. Don't be shy. Okay, It's fine to be shy. You'll get used to it with time." The last part sunk in. Always shy. Not bold to face it. Used to it.

I. Am. Truly. Gay.

The remaining hours I spent with East was a bit awkward for me because we had to go on and on about sexuality and the likes. He made me realize that, it doesn't matter. A lot of people are gay and they can be accepted. I liked the way he encouraged me, it made me feel good about myself. The only thing is, How will I face my family to tell them the big news? Will it be a problem for them to handle?