Chapter 3

During the interrogations, one of the girl told her story... she was taken from a village and her family with many children sold her for a little quantity of money... after many days of trip and violence, she was put in that apartment to be given to someone else, but she doesn't know who was the buyer.

'How is the policewoman?' She asked after a while... 'I have seen the full scene... she shielded to save her colleague... one of the other two men was shooting him after he killed the first one'.

'We still don't know... ' the captain answered.

Nam ji Hyun, the loved, lawyer, step sister of Kim ji won, was waiting for news out of the operating room. They had different fathers, but growing together, the two women seems like twins. 

Finally, the surgeon went out.

'I'm doctor Kim Woo Bin, in charge of the surgery. It went well,  but she will stay here at least one month to recover. You can go home... she'll wake in the afternoon. You can't do anything for her now, so go to sleep. We take care of her...'

'Thanks! Thanks so much...' with tears that never end, Ji Hyun left the hospital.

...........................

'Park, leave us the three men and go to rest. She is out of danger, so you can relax now. You'll do your report tomorrow... and remember... if you had been in the mission alone,  you would be dead now'. Captain Ahn Nae Sang sentenced, putting and hand on his man shoulder.

Bo Gum went home nauseous... all his certainties were collapsing. He needed to have a long shower...

He took his car's keys and went to the hospital. He knew that he could enter  only because he was a policeman. He must see her, also for a brief moment. It was not the first time that someone of his team was wounded or dead, but in some way today was different. He didn't know why, but he was scared. He really was scared... to lose her.

'Who is there?' the nurse on duty in lane saw a man in the corridor. 'You can't stay here at this time... please go out!' He showed his distinctive and the woman relaxed. 'Sorry, I was on night duty and couldn't come before...' he said  'please, let me see my colleague just a minute. She saved my life. I promise nobody will notice me...' 'Ok. But really only one minute, no more'.

Had she always been so beautiful? 'I'm sorry...' he whispered. He took her hand and gently kissed it.

'Thank you for saved me. They will pay for this...' he left the room as a shadow, knowing something changed in him... their relationship will never be the same. 

..........................

Song Joong Ki was one of  the best friend of Kim Ji Won. They went at the same school and classes. At university their path changed. She wanted follow her father work... he was a policeman, meanwhile her friend studied  to became a pharmaceutical  researcher and since then had a crush on her sister. When he received the call from his beloved, his blood iced.

'Where are you? Why haven't you call me before? I could go there with you...' 'I didn't think of nothing at that moment... I'm sorry. I'll go at the hospital in the afternoon.. if you want, you can go with me.' 'I will take you at five... wait for me' he confirmed.

The doctor went to check his patient... 'she is really a beauty' he thought. After routine's control, he leaved some dispositions for the cure of the woman to the nurse in charge.

'Call me when she wakes up'.

At police's central office there were turmoil... nobody could touch one of them. The interrogation of the prisoners went all night long and after... all the detectives were really angry. She was not only a colleague, but their mascotte, not to mention that half of the single men in the office courted her.

Kim Ji Won opened her eyes, but she still didn't understand anything.

'Call the doctor. He wanted see her at wake up' the nurse said to another one. 

'Kim Ji Won... do you hear me? How much fingers are these?'... the doctor asked her.

 'Where am I ?' 'At the hospital... you were wounded. How much fingers?'

'Two'. 'Ok... listen to me... you can't left the bed for ten days. After, we'll se as proceed. From now, you will be like a newborn. Press the call button for any need'. 'Doctor... I don't feel my legs'

'Don't worry... it's normal. In a couple of days, you will be able to do it. But you must collaborate to the fullest. It's a miracle that you are alive... someone told us that you thought it was a superficial wound... at real, the bullet went through you and ended up near your spine. The pain must have been so severe that your mind has bypassed it. You're still at risk, if you don't do what I tell you. ok?'

'Ok'. Her mind remembered her father's photo in the kitchen. He was in uniform. She didn't remember him. He was killed on duty to save a boy during a robbery when she had six months. Her mother remarried with a longtime friend who has always been in love with her, and her sister was born.