Chapter 23

Harry's POV

By the time Louis drove us all back to the houses I was pretty confident Niall was getting laid tonight. His knee kept bouncing up and down as he sat beside me.

However on the other side of him I could sense Zayn was worrisome. Now, given I'm not a real perceptive person, I'm not really sure of whether or not it is him being stressed, or whether it's natural for him. Is it normal for him to be so fidgety? He didn't sit still the whole ride. Shifting his direction, his legs, his arms; folding and in folding them.

"Alright, see ya later Lou!" Liam cheered as he helped Zayn, then Niall onto the ground.

"Not a problem, have a good one!" The tone in Louis' voice hinted that he too knew what's happening at Liam's house tonight.

"Will do." Liam says with a nod of his head, then he leads the two boys across the street to their house.

"Niall is so getting fucked tonight."

I nod my head, agreeing with Louis, but also wanting to drop the subject.

Louis holds the front door open for me, "Can I get you anything? I do want to talk to you about tonight."

I sigh, of course he does. "I could go for some popcorn. Got a real craving."

I toe off my shoes and shrug off my jacket, hanging it on the hook. Louis does the same and I don't bother to wait for him as I walk into the kitchen.

"Do you have any popcorn bags?" I ask as I walk towards the cupboards, and I hear Louis' footsteps entering the kitchen.

"Mate you've got to be kidding. Everyone knows the best come from the kernels with the machine." He shoves my arm lightly, and my stance falters. He opens the cupboard I was standing in front of and grabs a bag of popcorn kernels. Then he walks over to the counter where he gets the machine on and popping.

"This fucking shirt." I groan, tugging it down as it keeps rising up.

"Take it off then." Louis suggests. Casually. Fucking casually. You can't just tell a straight guy to take off his shirt in front of you like that.

"Oh don't be like that," Louis continues. "It's no worse than swimming at a public pool."

True.

With both hands tugging from the bottom up, I feel the shirt off of my body. I toss the dark material to one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"Better?" Louis' eyebrows raised a bit as he asked his question.

"Yeah, guess so." I admit. Yes it is so much fucking better. I feel like I can actually fucking breathe.

Louis grabs a mug from the wall cupboard and puts some margarine in it before he puts it in the microwave.

"Melted butter." Louis says. I nod my head and sit up on the counter.

"So what did you think of tonight?" He stands leaning against the counter opposite me.

"What do you mean?" I run my fingers through my hair, brushing them to the side.

"What did you think of it? I know we sat for a majority of it, but I know you saw as much as I did. How did you feel about it?" He explains further.

"Well, I tried not to pay to much attention to the people on the fucking floor. I mean the music was good, it was an alright time. I feel bad for that Zayn guy. If I was him I would've ripped Liam to threads. He just sat there, alone, then accepted Liam's apology. That was a dick move on Liam's part." Remembering the sight of Zayn, getting up from the table and still gravitating towards Liam. I feel bad for the lad; here he is putting all of himself into Liam and it's being reciprocated.