Chapter 22

"I've been doing forensics on your body in this club, and I can tell the way you walk your body ain't been touched, the right way. I can see your man been treatin' you like a step-child, sub him out, sub me in, and I'm gonna get on the floor and shut the whole game down."

-PYD, Justin Bieber

Harry's POV

Wednesday was terrible. Out of all the words in the english language I could've used to describe that day, that's my best answer. The car ride was awkward because Liam told Niall not to speak to me, right fucking in front of me. I brushed it off because I knew we'd talk at lunch. Lunch wasn't that bad, I explained to Niall that I had turned back, that I slept in Louis' bed last night, and that overall I'm giving Louis a chance. Niall was ecstatic and he hugged me for a good minute before he told me about what's been going on with him and Liam. He's told me that he feels that even though Liam can handle two subs, it becomes unfair for what they need. Even though Liam tries his hardest, sometimes having two submissives aren't everyone's forte. Zayn needs the love and attention, and Niall needs the guidance and knowledge.

Then Thursday rolled around and Niall, Zayn, and Liam were at Louis' as usual. Niall was cuddled up in a blanket as we watched Step Brothers, he wasn't feeling his best and he thought the movie might cheer him up. He didn't have a fever or anything and I overheard Liam telling Louis it was just homesickness. Poor lad. About half way through the movie, when I noticed Niall was undeniably upset, I moved to lay down next to him on the couch he occupied by himself. Liam nor Louis said anything as I wrapped my arms around Niall and held him close. Well fuck, if Liam was too busy with Zayn, then I may as well have been there for Niall. The homesick lad fell asleep by the time the movie ended so Liam called an early night and he carried Niall in his arms as the trio left the house.

Since the night where I came back to Louis, my room has been put to zero use. Maybe that's a lie; it's where I keep my clothes. I've been sleeping in Louis' room every night, never once however facing each other; we sleep in the same bed, but act as if we're not. I don't mind it as much as I had originally thought.

Well today is our first official school Gala. I'm still happy that I'm not on 'toilet' duty at all, and I'm glad that Niall only has to be on that chore a handful of times throughout the year. Lucky we've got a big year.

Louis was scrambling to make some sort of pasta at the stove, while I watched from my seat at the table, intrigued by his struggle.

"They fucking said that all I have to do is stir the bubbles out! I'm fucking stirring and nothing is happening!" He shouts frantically. I pity the poor guy who doesn't know how to boil some pasta noodles. The steam bubbles are overflowing the pot, running down into the burner causing a nasty hiss. Louis stirs, and stirs, but the water is not being tamed.

I'd rather not have to put out a fire so I get up and make my way to the stove. I reach over Louis' hand to turn the burner from 'High 9' to 'Medium 6'.

"Turning down the heat helps." I point out as we watched the bubbles shrink into the pot.

"How did you know that?" He asks in awe, turning his attention away from the boiling pasta. "It doesn't say on here!" And he holds up his phone to where he has Google open and it's showing the instructions for how to cook pasta.

I shake my head, taking the phone from his hand and clicking off before shoving it across the counter. They actually put this shit on the Internet? There's actually a need for it? "It's common knowledge Louis. And focus on your burner."

He jolts to attention and continues stirring the noodles, making sure none are sticking to the bottom.

I hop up to sit on the counter near the stove but not quite beside it. I look down to Louis and I don't miss the sweat beads trailing down beside his face.