CHAPTER 18 - THAT LOCK ON YOUR HEART

Start from the beginning

I asked – "and whats planned for later??"

Anshul smiled – " well all rest for a while and meet up for a get together at dinner..and just chill around for a while, this schedule actually serves two purposes, we get that team outings in the evening, the ones we v been missing out on for months now.."

I smiled – "that's good Anshul..."

Anshul – "and why don't you join in for the refreshments, its been quite a drive surely..because it was easier for us in the morning with the less traffic..but the middle of the day.."

I – "Well, it wasn't that bad actually...",and I saw Khushi close her laptop as she excused herself , and I watched her head towards the washrooms, and Anshul turned to the team – "cmon guys, lets take a break, tea and refreshments have been served up in the hall across.."

And everyone started to disperse, and I took out my phone to fake a call, because I wanted to wait for Khushi and Anshul asked – " you coming??"

I nodded – " five minutes, I gotta make a call.."

Anshul nodded and he made his way with the rest of the team in,and I waited for Khushi to step out.

..............

Khushi's POV

I finished washing my hands and after drying them, I quickly brushed my hand through my hair, to straighten them and I looked at my reflection in the mirror for a second, and I caught the confusion and the nervousness, in my very own eyes.

Why was he here??

I mean , didn't he just mention that he couldn't make it to this schedule because of other work and family commitments.

Then, how did he just appear out of the blue, without giving Anshul any heads up about the same?

And I was nervous, because now that I had truly forgiven him for the past, his presence around was kind off not sounding healthy to my mind and heart

.I was nervous and scared the hell out of my mind that, that my calm and composure would fall short on its intensity, now that it was straight out in audience with the only one who had, that kind of power over my emotions, in the past.

I had to keep that lock on.

I could not let the emotional me surface.

I took a deep breathe, and instructed my mind to take control, as I made my way out.

I was going to be ok.

As I stepped out, I saw that everyone had dispersed for the break and I spotted Arnav standing right in front of me,and our eyes locked and he gave me a smile – " hi khushi..."

I instructed my insides to calm down, because they way he paused at my name softly, kind off startled me and I gave him a polite smile, as I walked up to stand next to him – " hello Mr Raizada...looks like you could finally join us..itll be good for Balance..."

He nodded and smiled at me and gestured to walk with him to the hall , and I did and he spoke – " yes its good to be here...",and he paused as he continued a second later – " thank you for forgiving me Khushi..."

I shrugged – " don't worry about it, its over and done now, lets not talk about the past anymore.."

He nodded – "sure Khushi...",and we reached the hall, and he held the door open and I walked in and I thanked him, and walked straight up and took a plate and helped myself with some snacks, and I picked up a big cup of hot piping tea, and I saw Arnav help himself behind me and just as he was about to say something, as he picked himself a cup pf black coffee , I spoke, giving him a polite smile – " ill just be by the poolside , I still have some mails to answer for some of my other clients.."