Chapter 58: Final plan

Start from the beginning

From my peripheral vision I saw five men circled around me with their rifles. They stood silent, so I lay silent. A shiny leather shoes stopped in front of me. Alam ko kaagad na mamahalin ang sapatos at ang slacks na suot nito, his expensive scent linger in my nostrils but I didn't dare to look up to see who it was. Tayo palang niya alam ko na kung sino ito.

The devil has arrived.

"Just kill me already" I said, voice weak from crying.

"Oh, someone just gave up, huh?" He mocked. He sat on his feet and lean forward to see my face. His stern yet mischievous gaze look down at me like I was some dying fish who he cannot wait to grill. Lachlan smells good, I cannot deny that but behind his luxury, a rotting devil live inside him. And I just hated him so much.

Much to my surprise, he grip my chin firmly, he snapped my head back to his direction making me flinched. He's too strong, too powerful and I was too weak to complain.

I felt shiver run down my spine when I met his cold, dark eyes. Hair behind my neck stood just as he lean closer to me. Heart pounding tightly, breath heaving, lips trembling, I tried to look away but he quickly catch my gaze, making me only focus my eyes at him.

"L-let go of me."

He only smirked and reach something behind his back. His eyes spark with amusement upon seeing my horrified look. I was ready to die yet I don't want it him to kill me.

"Now, now, now, isn't exciting? I am dying to kill one of the Benedicto. Hindi man si South pero at least it's someone Annunciata treasured" he sung. I could see his dark eyes flaming with anger. I trembled beneath his touch, this made him grin with satisfaction. "North Benedicto is scared? What a surprise. Don't worry sweetheart, you won't be lonely there. Oh, South is probably waiting on you, miss her already? Alright, let's not take this longer." He pointed his gun on my forehead. I shiver at the coldness, it feels like it was prep-ing me for my lifeless body awaits.

Sakabila ng takot na nararamdaman ay nagawang umakyat lahat ng dugo sa ulo ko. I'm angry-no, furious. I clenched my fist and glare at him.

"Rot in hell!" I screamed, suddenly feeling high. Sinubukan kong kumawala sa hawak niya ngunit masyado itong malakas. I wasn't strong enough to inflict pain on him.

He only smirked at my remark and reload his gun. "Say bye, Benedicto."

I closed my eyes and let new fresh tears fall on my cheeks. Ngayon na ba talaga? Siya ba talaga ang papatay sa akin?

I heard a gun shots but no excruciating pain overcome me, instead, grunts and cries of someone in pain echoes around me. Then Lachan suddenly let go of me and I felt him gone in front of me. I snapped my eyes open only to grew it wide when I saw him shooting his men. The last man tried to tackle him but Lachlan quickly held the man's neck and twisted it, creating a loud broken bones then suddenly, the man fell on the ground, lifeless.

Lachlan puffed loudly and caress his disheveled suit. "I never thought this would be so easy" he mumbled, tucking his gun on his pants waist behind. He then looked back at me, eyes sparkling with amusement.

I unconsciously crawled backward until my back met a solid wall that trapped me with him. My eyes were wide, mouth parted in shocked then my gaze went to the men lying lifeless on the ground, then back to him, then back to his men again.

I was so shocked-confused even.

"You can now breath, Benedicto" he mused, and that is when I realized I was holding back my breath.

"Oh my God! Y-you're.."

He tsked and my brows furrowed when he walked past me and went towards the window I didn't notice was there. Opening the faded glass and stepping aside, a redhead woman crawled from outside making me scream.