Imagine you're the daughter of Jaskier and he tells you tales of a Witcher

"And what next Papa? Did he slay the devil?" You asked with pure, childish wonder; even if this was the third time you'd heard the story. Except, this time, your Papa's lute's strings had broken and he told you in memory instead of song.

"Oh yes he did-" Jaskier groaned as he hoisted you onto his lap, "- pulling the power of storm and thunder into his sword to slay the mighty beast. The Witcher chopped and mangled the beast, until in his hands the Devil's head squelched with its last remnants of blood".

You stared up at awe, wide eyes, parted lips and all, "and you were there Papa?".

"I saw it all with my own eyes-" he promised, "- I was the Witcher's bard and spread tales of him far and wide".

"Then... why aren't you together anymore?".

Yaskier leaned back in his chair at the question, his eyes bleeding into a dull fog as he drowned in recollection. Why had they parted ways? And not in the sense that they always had because at first he couldn't stop running into the monster hunter... no, it was almost like the Witcher had disappeared off the face of the earth.

"I don't know, my dear. Maybe he found a new bard".

Jaskier immediately watched his daughters cheeks inflate with air as her face flooded red with anger, "did he get a new bard? If he did I would be so disappointed in Geralt, you make great songs Papa".

"Thank you, (Y/N). But sometimes people just fall apart".

"Will we ever fall apart?", Jaskier's shoulders stiffened at the notion of losing you.

"Me and you? Pssht. We'd never" he promised as he booped your nose. It scrunched up like he expected at the contact and left his lips curling into a fine smile.

"So will you finally teach me the flute?",

"Yes, and any other instrument you desire, it'll all be yours",

"Mine?" You questioned innocently with wide, doe eyes.

"Your's... now let's get back to your lessons. We certainly wouldn't want to leave all these songs to waste",

"No!" You sing sweetly before, at last, smiling wider than you did before the story.

05012020 - 364

I liked this idea but didn't want to make it that long, just really a Drabble. But, I think I want to make a longer part II where the reader meets Geralt after hearing all these stories from her dad/Jaskier.
Who knows, this could be a prequel to another imagine (it's quite obvious really).
Please comment and vote.
Requests close January 7th 2020.

Love you guys, thank you xx