Imagine Geralt is training you

Part II to Imagine you turned out to be unlike any girl Geralt has ever met.

"Focus, don't lose it" Geralt coached from over your shoulder, his eyes intent on the bird softly cupped it your hands.

It was squirming lightly, thrashing it's head from side to side as you imagined a black liquid pulling back from your fingers and stored in your chest. Geralt had told you to imagine the power, what it sounded like as it coursed through your body, what it looked like and how it moved under your skin. It was a viscous black substance that screamed death to yourself but with it being such a sticky substance it held back just enough.

"A few more moments" The Witcher proceeded to reassure but the longer he forced you to hold the more rigged the bird became. You could practically feel it starving in your hands.

"I-I don't know if I can..." you stuttered in fear as the creature became thinner and your eyes widened, soaked in tears that refused to fall.
"G-Geralt",

"Just hold on" he comforted,

"I c-can't",

"Hold!", the shock of the deep vibration of his voice immediately made you flinch and quickly the black liquid sprang forward with a desperation to steal.

The bird didn't have a chance of survival, soon it was lifeless in your hands and left you collapsing to the floor in exhaustion.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't m-mean to" you apologised, nearly sobbing before you felt The Witcher's the wide, comforting hand upon your shoulder.

"I know, but you did better than before" Geralt announced with the slightest quirk of a smile.

You wiped at a stray tear, "really?".

"Really" and with a single second of silence, Geralt of Rivia passed over your specially made gloves and helped you to stand.

"It looks like we won't be able to train for another week, that took a lot out of you" and like on cue, your legs suddenly gave out from beneath you but -just as expected- he caught you.

For a moment, that felt like forever, his nose bumped against yours and his eyes could only look into deep (E/C). But with the violent sniffle from Roach you quickly broke apart and released a cough amongst the suddenly tense atmosphere.

"So where are we going to now?" You wondered while fixing your gloves firmer onto your hands, they were a deep burgundy with ruffles stitched at the wrist. You couldn't thank the Witcher enough, after all, you only came from a humble home and could remember days in winter when you starved.

"Cidaris, it's the closest Kingdom so far",

"Is it a big one?" You asked curiously before he hoisted you onto Roach (you could still feel the touch of his hands against your waist).

"No, but just big enough for rest and maybe a monster to prey on".

The teasing in Geralt's voice, normally hidden through the depth of his tone, was only clear to yourself. After half a year of travelling you'd only grown closer, he'd share stories before you drifted into sleep of monsters slain and saved, once he even displayed the peace in his power.