Imagine you're in love with Geralt despite already being married

The suitors for your sister Pavetta were rowdy as they boasted their feats and drank away their sobriety. You had to admit, they were a mob to watch with much entertainment, people watching was a speciality of yours (especially when you were expected to sit still and look pretty).

"You look beautiful this night, my love" your husband whispered as he leaned into you ear.

Finnick was a lovely man with wide eyes of endless blue, baby skin fit for a royal and hair darker than any midnight sky. You were a lucky one to even receive a husband your age and despite adoring him dearly, you never had romantic let alone sexual attraction be acknowledged at the thought of him.

"Thank you, but of course Pavetta is the brightest star tonight" you complimented to soon watch your sister muster the best smile she could against unshed tears.

Finnick took your hand gently into his, "Well to me you'll always be the most beautiful".

Your cheeks flushed red with the confession and suddenly became uncomfortable once he firmly kissed the back of your hand. The love which fogged his eyes and blinded them with rose-tinted skies made your heart grow heavier with each day you failed to fall in love him. He had given you a child, a boy, and you cared ever so dearly for him for gifting you your son, but nothing managed to have your heart race for him like it did for Geralt of Rivia.

You'd met him one day ten years ago while horse riding, exactly a month before your wedding. He was as different as anyone could be, his hair snow white and eyes dangerous yet oh-so welcoming as you peered down at him. Upon your horse, Jinx, you felt taller and greater than the mighty Witcher but after one look he undressed you into the young girl you were, no longer a princess.

In the month you knew him, everything that later never responded to Finnick came alight with Geralt. He whispered all the rights words with that honey coated deep voice of his, he touched you in all the right places and despite what you're thinking now, he never took your virginity. You had to be chaste for your wedding night but it that wasn't all he wanted from you.

Geralt wanted everything if he couldn't have your body. He wanted the air you breathed as his lips kissed it from yours, he wanted your hand to hold as you sat and spoke of all the wonders you read about but would never witness. You asked question upon question until he was rendered speechless in your presence, his world was yours. It was all he could give when he refused to sacrifice his reputation to say the three words you desired.

On the last night before you were married you found him at the merchant's entrance with his eyes glaring through the foggy night.

He didn't have tome to process what was running toward him before you'd jumped into his arms and breathed in his scent for the last time.

"I needed to say goodbye" You whimpered into his ear with your arms only holding tighter onto his shoulders.

Geralt buried his nose into your (H/C) and relished in the smell of rose oil and cucumber. He descended you gently to the ground once his senses absorbed every inch of you into memory.

"You shouldn't be out here" he cautioned with a ungloved hand cupping your cheek. The cold of his callused palm shot pleasurable shivers across your skin.

You kissed the inside of his wrist, "no one will notice me gone, they're too busy celebrating".

"You'll freeze to death",

"I'll die happy" you smiled before finally pecking his lips one last time before he reluctantly guided you on your way back to your unhappily ever after.