Imagine you're married to Geralt

The sun streamed through the trees like a perfect summer day, it's rays casting a cool sweat down your neck as you hung blankets across the line. You couldn't miss an opportunity -despite it being early- to dry every piece of laundry before he returned home.

Already inside a roast was being prepared with the beef simmering in the iron oven perched above the fire. It was Geralt's favourite and always welcomed him home along with her wide, aching smile. It had been two months since she'd last seen the Witcher. Geralt trusted the town enough to leave his love well enough alone while he gathered coin. So far, you had just the right amount to see you through the next two months alone, not enough, however, to survive on with a burly man such as Geralt.

White sheets fluttered in the warm breeze, (H/C) strands blew into view and caught in-between your lips, your mind was rattling with so many questions. The only things you wanted was a safe husband home in your arms and the sleepless night full of tales and soft, honey-coated whispers.

Once every piece of fabric was hanging on the line, you pulled your apron from your green skirt and pressed it against your forehead, hoping to wipe away the liquid and seem more presentable. Geralt could arrive home at any moment now and you still needed to plate the food, pull the ale from the minuscule cellar under the kitchen and candlelight the table for that romantic feel.

As you went through the motions and did everything you mentally listed, you stood back from the table and exhaled a sigh of completion. It looked perfect.

From the candles an orange hue of light resonated through the wide dining room, the aroma of food caressed and groomed the senses of pleasure and finally the atmosphere was subtly exhilarating but only missing her other half to bring relief.

As you stared down at your hard work, with hands wrung in your gravy-stained apron, you finally turned your head downward to see the state of yourself. Your green dress was mud soaked at the hem, your collar was sweat drenched and you probably smelt of roast. It was time now to stop being a meagre housewife and return to the young, curious girl you once were.

White was a terrible colour to upkeep, you could remember your wedding dress soon having to be regretfully thrown from your wardrobe as the moths nibbled at it's beautiful lacing. Still one square of the fabric remained against Geralt's breast as he travelled. Yet, here you were spinning yourself across the bedroom as you held a dress of soft, pale fabric a hair's breadth away from your sweaty garments.

Everything would be as should as you quickly washed, dressed and pulled your hair from your braid so you could easily pull the pieces into the red ribbon Geralt had brought you from the market. Not a thing was out of place, only the man who warmed your every dream.

With a skip downstairs like you were still a child, you approached the door to see a tall, brown and black figure slowly travel down the road.

Your heart beat faster and harassed your ribs, your breaths became shallow and quick, your smile spread until your cheeks ached before you finally pushed the door open and sprinted down the dirt path.

Geralt had slain too many monsters to count in the last two months and he always expected the unexpected. But never did he think to see a small form of white and (H/C) to approach in a speed fuelled entirely by desperation.

It took only a moment to recognise his wife with a scoff of a chuckle bursting from his lips.

The Witcher couldn't help it then.

He quickly jumped down from Roach with a stoic determination and jogged up to you just enough until your bolt led to you crashing against his armoured chest. It was only a subtle burst that hardly had him taking a step back but the force was unmeasurable as his wide arms encased your head and shoulders while your own circled his broad waist.

"Welcome home" You exhaled with a light giggle filled with glee.

It was all the Witcher needed to return home to. He could smell the roast ready and plated, feel the heat of the candle's heat (even if only terribly light) and your aroma. It was washing soap, rose and grass, forcing Geralt's head to bend low to nuzzle his nose into your hair and allow its potency to drown him.

"It's good to be back".

☞ ✹ ☜

You watched Geralt from across the table, your hands interlocked in the middle with his thumb caressing your wrist softly. It had an immediate calming effect that made you sigh out in tranquil relief.

He was leaning in his chair, clad in a simple shirt and leather trousers with a lazy smirk painting his rugged features. Nothing could be more beautiful in your eyes than those molten golden orbs he possessed and shoulder-length, silver hair pulled back from his handsome face.

"Did you enjoy that?" you whispered against the calm atmosphere.

He hummed in response, his tongue peeking out from between his lips. It sent a simple shiver down your spine.

"I missed you... everyone in town would whisper, repeating again and again what a monster I married but I still missed you until my heart ached".

Geralt peeled his eyes open, allowing them to pierce your soul as he tugged you around the table and onto his lap. He pushed a strip of hair behind your ear and brushed his lips lightly against it causing goosebumps to erupt across your skin.

"Not as much as me I bet" he teased in a deep sultry voice.

"No-" you chuckled and shook your head, "- if I could beat you in one thing it's this".

"Not just one thing".

"Oh? Then what?" You questioned with a building smile.

His lips continued to descend across your face and neck.

"You cook-" a kiss, "- you sing-", a kiss,
"- you're as beautiful as an angel" he finally spoke before you gripped his silky hair and leaned back into the sensation of his mouth -at last- against your own.

"God I love you" you moaned into the passion, the pleasure erupting under your skin as Geralt stood from the chair. It had been the first time in two months since you'd seen each other and you would drink down every second of his warm skin touching your own. Before finally, he murmured:

"I love you too" and pushed you down onto the bed.

27122019 - 1118