Imagine Jaskier writes a song about you

It was light and sweet, filling the senses of every tavern visitor while he sang. It was the last tune played, it was one for the souls who were lost or for those who lost a soul.

She was full of light

Your (H/C) bounced as you walked. While you danced a melody sprang from your lips and even if your voice was rough the bard found peace amongst every syllable that was sung.

Her soul cast in flight

He remembered pulling you from your room while his mind was still young along with the night. He could feel your sweet kisses and nose bumping against his own. Jaskier's mind was full of memories of you. Sometimes he swore in most of them you drifted into the sky and became the sun itself, you were so bright- glowing in his eyes.

Never had you seen a beauty grow like her

The years flew by, until you were as old as twenty summers combined. Jaskier skipped across the tavern as he sung and recalled each and every one. A memory which sparked a chuckle from his lips and a strange look from Geralt was the time you had to mirror his actions behind his back while he spoke to your father. It was late into the night and around the time your engagement was being negotiated with a nearby noble. It was a funny scenario which had both your hearts pumping and Jaskier loved the ring of your laughter and cherished it as it sounded in his ears.

What could I ever do
To show her beauty to you

This song barely encapsulated who you were and what you did. He couldn't find the time to describe the feeling of your hair between his fingers, your heat warming his body as you laid in the barn or the way your eyes became tinier as you smiled wider. Each recollection forced his body into a small spasm of pain that came with a subtle and untraceable notion of relief.

Other than to let this song fly

Who would you be as a bard's wife? How would you be wasted with no home and constant travel obtaining your lifetime. Jaskier could see you hiding the distaste for the restless nature of his existence and with Geralt -Jaskier flickered his eyes to the bothered Witcher- he could feel the potential fear shoot shivers down his spine.

Like she did that night

So he let you marry said noble in all his riches and glory. The bard even saw you but a year ago with a girl of five holding tightly onto your hand as you perused a Cintra's rich, famed markets. She was a pretty child, nothing like himself or you but entirely of your husband's blood. And then, for a moment, the player swore he captured your eyes tracing his skinny form and he knew in that instant, that you had missed him just as much as he missed you.

28122019 - 498