Zed

Good morning! Today's a wonderful day! That's what I wish could hear, but no. The first thing I heard was a phone call.
"Hello! I am calling from Redhood Hospital. We discovered your friend, Tessa has cancer. Perhaps you should visit her"
I dropped my phone. I saw black. I got dizzy and I couldn't breathe. That's when I realized I was really in love with her. I cared about her. I truly did.
"Bye, mom! Bye, dad! I'm sorry but I really have to go!"
They watched me leaving the house in a hurry. They had no idea what happened because I didn't have time to tell them.
On my way to the hospital, I stopped at a flower shop and bought a bouquet. On a piece of paper I wrote:

"     Dear Tessa,
I wrote this letter because I wanted to tell you something. I will pray for you all the time because I want you... No! I need you in my life! I don't know what's happening to me lately but I think I've fallen for you. I hope I'll be able to take on a date sometime.
                                      With much love,
                                                           Zed "

When I got to the hospital I gave her the bouquet and we started talking. We talked for hours, but sadly it was getting late. Before I left I gave her a kiss on her forehead. I wish I could kiss her big, red lips, but I was afraid of how she'd react.
My mom was waiting for me in front of the door. It was written on her face how worried she was. I know how she feels... I would have been worried too if my son left until late at night, not knowing anything about him. I gave her a big hug and whispered.
" I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I did wrong, for hurting you and making you worried. I am trying. I'm trying to be the perfect son you want, but I am not like that. I'm not perfect and never will. Nobody is perfect and you have to understand that".
Tears were running down her rosy cheeks as she said.
" No. You are the best son I could ever wish for. Thank you for everything! But the next time when you're going somewhere I want to know"
"Of course mom! I'll tell you. Today I was at the hospital to visit a friend. They found out she has cancer. You have to understand, mom. I panicked"
"Oh my...! It's okay Zed! You had to be there for her. I hope she's not that girl, Tessa, is she?"
"Sadly yes... she is" cried I.
My mom took me in her arms and calmed me. She said everything will be fine and I know it will. She has to be okay!
I didn't sleep at all that night. My mind was always at her and somehow I liked it.