Tessa

"Sweetheart! It's Christmas! Come open your presents!" said my dad with a joyful tone.
"Let me get changed and I'll come!"
Downstairs was the Christmas tree shining more than ever. Under it was only a present. It was a big red package with a tiny ribbon. When I opened it I burst into tears. It was the canvas where I painted my mom framed beautifully. I gave my dad a big hug and we both cried.
You know how Christmas is supposed to be the perfect day of the year? Well... for me, it isn't. Later after the moment, I had with my dad I fainted. My dad panicked and took me to the hospital. I was barely breathing. I saw a lot of doctors around me and my dad crying out loud. I was still enough conscious to hear the doctor and my dad talking.
"I am really sorry to tell you this, but your daughter... she has cancer. We still have a chance to save her but it will cost"
I immediately stood up and screamed.
"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! WHY ME?!" said I angrily.
My dad tried to calm me but I was too scared and mad. The doctors gave me something and I suddenly became calm. After a few minutes, I fell asleep. On my mind was only the fact that I had cancer. I couldn't imagine how my dad would feel. He already lost my mom. I had to be fine. I had to stay alive and be there for him because he was there for me too.
The next morning, my father called Ashley and Leah to let them known my situation. They came to the hospital as fast as possible with a big bouquet of flowers and two teddy bears.
"Why are there two toys?" I asked curiously.
"Because one is called Ash and the other one is called Leah. We bought them to remind you of us when we can't be here. But we promise you we'll visit every day" said both of them with tears in their eyes.
Later that day an unexpected guest came to visit. It can't be that hard to guess who he was, can it? It was Zed with a violet bouquet of flowers in his right hand and a lovely box with chocolate.
"Hi, Tessa! I am so sorry for what happened to you. I just wanted to let you know that I am here for you and I want to do my best to help you with whatever you need" said he with a soft voice.
We talked for quite a long time. When it got dark outside he gave me a kiss on the forehead, he took his jacket and left. I was shocked but happy. I didn't know what to say. This moment brightened my day a little.