~Chapter 27: The Riddle~

Today is the first day that Mitch and I drive to school together and frankly I missed it. I missed his company and even his comments, which maked me feel stupid. It feels good to spend time with my best friend again and to know that we are doing well.

We both didn't bring up our last conversation, and it's a good thing. His question bubbled up doubts in me. Every time I repeat the question in my head, I feel light and dizzy in my head in a good way.

Pax, not as my friend, but as my boyfriend.

It would be great, perfect. But then something in me reminds me that he's "bad".

It'll make everything even more complicated.

My feelings for him are all over the place. He helped me, fixed me up and was there for me, but now...I don't know what to think, feel about him.

Now that I have my memories back, it feels like our friendship has changed. We didn't talk to each other, just once, and it didn't work out the way we wanted. Mitch and I wanted answers, but all I got are three scratches from Pax' knife in the shape of a triangle.

I don't know what possessed Pax to hurt me. But on the other hand, maybe it's my fault too, I shouldn't have said that about him. I knew it was a weak spot for him and it would provoke a big reaction in him. And yet I did it, yet I said what I knew hurt him just because I didn't want him to leave me. That he would talk to me and not leave me.

Because I miss Pax, I would never admit it out loud, but I do. I miss my best friend, who always made me laugh, always cheered me up, surprised me and took a place in my heart.

I search the halls with Mitch by my side, looking for Pax. I want to apologize to him and forget all about what happened. It's probably one big mistake. I've learned my lesson to ignore someone, so I intend to speak to Pax when I see him and make up my mind.

I forgive him and he forgives me. Ready.

I hope we can become best friends again and tell the Academy that Pax isn't dangerous. That we took everything the wrong way and that he's innocent.

I haven't forgotten Pax's words. He knows we call this planet Dupto, but how? Maybe Pax is from our planet, Flanus? If so, how come I've never seen him?

I know Mitch doesn't like him and he's mutual. So I didn't tell him about my plans to talk to Pax. He'll just ask questions and tell the Academy.

Something we shouldn't have, because if I deny it (will lie), they'll believe Mitch before I do. Because what better to trust the weak girl who just got her memory back than a smart guy who hasn't lost his memory?

I put on a long-sleeved T-shirt, even though it's almost summer. So that no one sees the scratches on my forearm, which are now slowly healing, but the red stripes are still clearly visible.

People would ask questions and feel sorry for me. But I don't want their pity.

But ever since the confrontation with Pax, Mitch has been under the spell of the triangle on my arm and Pax' words. He sits late into the night reading his books, looking for information what the shape on my arm could mean. But it's nothing, it was a coincidence and an accident. But every time I see Mitch reading with deep bags and tell him, he says I'm wrong. That it must mean something and that he would find out.

I'm tired of telling him it's nothing, that he has to stop before he gets any sleep. But every time he brushes off my words and takes care of him and reads again.

"L, are you coming?" Mitch gently pulls me up my sleeve to the good room. I look up at him and nod my head briefly, then we walk to the classroom together.