20. 𖣘 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 𖣘

(Author's POV)

The next morning everyone woke up early. It was Eustace's birthday and he organized his first horseback ride in Narnia with Edmund, Caspian and Gail. They started their riding early in the morning at 7:00 am and headed to the forest. Maily's father was picking fruits in the garden with Crystal. Maily, Jenny and Lucy were organizing breakfast in the garden in the fresh air. They brought the table outside the castle and placed it under the big tree in the garden. After an hour guys rode back on their horses, they were laughing and it looked like they were competing who's faster.

(Maily's POV)

After the things that happened during these days I wasn't sure how we were going to celebrate Eustace's birthday... I wasn't against it, I just didn't think it was the right time to forget all of our troubles and make a party. At least I wasn't in the mood to wear that fake smile on my face which all of us did yesterday night.. It looked like we were in some kind of a movie and each of us was playing their own role, like it was written somewhere that we were going to drink our tea and smile at each other as if nothing had happened. Maybe I was going crazy, yesterday I really wanted to smile and forget about everything, but when you woke up... you realize that none of your problems has gone away, and none will unless you figure things out.

All these thoughts were twirling inside my head while I was decorating the table in the garden with Jenny and Lucy. "Of course...In my condition this is exactly what I am supposed to do.." I said in my mind and laughed to myself a bit realizing that my heart was aching and my eyes were getting teary. I was so sad inside and I was tring to refuse it everytime..."Why am I so sad... it's stupid Maily... Come on, what's wrong? I know I'm sad for my mom, but why am I so sad also about my friendship with these guys. Edmund...Caspian... I made a big mess between us when there was no reason to make it... I'm a girl...all the girls are sentimental. But they do not deserve this. This is all because of my strange behavior. What have they done to me? Nothing! I just simply fell in love with a boy who's not supposed to be my future anymore!...I...fell..in love?" The moment I realized what I was thinking about my heart started beating faster and my eyes got wet. I rapidly wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes so that no one could notice. That's when I heard laughing and I turned to see four horses rushing in our direction. The boys came back. Lucy and Jenny were clapping and shouting, it looked like they were competing. I shook my head and tried to look natural so I clapped too, but I wasn't able to shout their names cause if I spoke I couldn't stop myself from crying.

Gail came first, Edmund was the second one and Caspian and Eustace reached at the same time.

"Edmund!",- I heard Jenny's voice as she ran towards Edmund's horse.

I tried so hard not to look at them but I failed and now I was staring at them. Jenny told him something and Edmund nodded to her, but they were far from me so I couldn't hear what she said. They started walking to the table so I quickly turned back and continued decorating.

(Edmund's POV)

I rode behind Gail and reached the second, Eustace and Caspian came after me.

"Edmund!",- I heard Jenny calling me and then she ran towards me while I got off the horse.

"Hey..Edmund",- she said and smiled, I gave her a look which meant she could continue telling what she was about to tell.

"I wanted to talk to you...maybe after breakfast? If you have free time",- she asked me, shrugging her shoulders.

I also wanted to talk to her so it was great she asked me that. I simply nodded and smiled.