4. 𖣘 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𖣘

(Maily's POV)

We were riding our horses through the cold stormy weather, at first I was leading, then he then again I was... it felt like we were playing "who's faster".

"I'm a better rider, anyways",- said Edmund when he got off the horse,- "You probably got tired of trying to reach after me, at the end you slowed your ride."

"You have a very big opinion of yourself, I just let you win this time, otherwise the great king would feel weak",-I replied.

"You're really far away from sarcasm",-he said.

"I was way too serious",- I answered.

"Let's not forget we're not partners... I do not have to tolerate your company",- he said his face was serious.

"Ah...what? You are trying to tolerate my company? That's because you haven't spent time with someone like you! The one who thinks he's the first in everything",-I said disappointed.

"Is that annoying you?",-he asked.

"Obviously no! There's nothing to annoy me..",- I said.

"I can't believe you're so....YOUR MOTHER!",- He shouted.

My mind... suddenly... I felt cold... those words... I hated it when he said that!... I know how he feels about my mother... and it's not that I feel bad that he could feel that way about me too, but I hate it when he compares me to a Monster side of mom that he had seen.

"That's...,"-I mumbled,-"That's.. T-That's s-so...Unfair!"

(Edmund's POV)

With those words... she suddenly shouted...

"O- wow, calm down... It's night already, I don't want another attack from the enemy.. we must stay quiet",-I said.

I looked at her...her eyes, she said nothing, she was just staring at me, her eyes filled with tears, but she was holding them, she looked so... unhappy. Did my words make her feel that way?

"Hey..., I'm",-I started a sentence.

I tried to get closer to her, she was surprised... She looked confused when I was walking closer to her, finally I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey..",- she said.

"I'm sorry",-I said guiltily.

"What?",-her eyes widened

"Your eyes... come on, it's late... we need to sleep a bit",-I said looking at her.

"Yes, we need King Edmund",- she replied.

Sometimes she makes me feel confused, I can't understand her actions... She makes me feel strange... she stares at me and I can do nothing but stare back at her... What's wrong with her, what's she thinking about everytime she looks at me like that... She isn't in love, is she? No way , She's feeling herself too perfect to be in love with me. Actually she is perfect ... What? Do I really think she's perfect? Well her skills of using swords are perfect... and sometimes she's...Cute.

"There, I've prepared your sleep place",- I said, showing her where it was.

(Actually I had sleep equipment for one person... I hope she's not thinking about killing me or smth while I'm asleep)

"Ehm? Are we gonna sleep, like...this close to each other?",-she asked confused.

"Oh my God! I hope you're not feeling yourself someone special right now just because we have to sleep this close... I just don't have another warm blanket",-I answered smirking.

She stopped for a minute... I thought she's going to push me away and sleep alone... In that case I should have frozen till the morning. Suddenly she walked closer and lied down next to me.

"Goodnight...",- was all she said and again...stared at me... but this time I was the one who stared at her face first, my eyes widened.

"G-Goodnight, Maily",-I said to her.

We looked at each other a little more... Then she looked at the sky..

"It's so dark... Narnia wasn't like this..",-she said suddenly.

"You liked watching the night sky?",- I answered.

"Yeah, one of the most beautiful views in my life... and I miss those days...",-she said.

"Those days? You mean... when you could easily look at the stars?",-I asked amazed.

"Have you seen the Narnian stars too?",-she asked as her eyes widened.

"Well, yeah but... Only a couple of times. I'm sure you do that more often",- I answered.

"I... haven't seen Narnian stars.... for about 6 years... and today... I'm back here but, again, I can't see them. It's dark",-she said sadness in her voice.

"6 years? So you left Narnia as a child? How old are you by the way?",-I asked curiously.

"I left Narnia when I was 14... Now i'm 20... and you?",- she asked.

"Hahah, we are the same age.",- I answered.

Suddenly we started talking without arguing, she was so relaxed... so sweet when she wasn't fighting with me...

"King Edmund?",- she said.

"Yeah?",- I replied.

"What's your biggest dream?",-she asked.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, I don't have one right now, why?",-I asked surprised.

"Just... nothing special",-she answered.

"And yours?",- I suddenly asked curiously.

"I... I kind of, want adventures... I want to feel myself included in something really important and big... And I want to find Happiness and Luck...",- she turned to my face,- "Do I want too much?",- she asked.

"Well, just because I'm a king doesn't mean I can tell you your dreams are meant to come true or not..But you're now in Narnia, and you'll stay here, so adventures will not leave you here",- I answered.

"Do you want to stay in Narnia?",-she asked.

"I don't know, I have home.. in England",-I said unsure.

"Well, what if you have to marry a girl who will be your queen here?",-she asked and I got confused.

"What?",-I responded in astonishment.

"I mean... What if you have to stay here and rule Narnia with your Queen? Would you want that kind of life?",- she asked.

"My...queen? my wife?... well... I don't want to marry right now... Why are you asking so many strange questions?",-I said, still confused.

"Because.. I'm interested... of what you are thinking about",-she said gently.

Her eyes... her sight... her words... She impressed me for a moment. I just kept looking into her hazel eyes... we both were just looking at each other, like there was something magical in that night... I even forgot about the danger, all I wanted to do was just calm down and sleep in this magical moment.

꧁ Eɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ 4ᴛʜ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ✔︎ 𝕍𝕆𝕋𝔼 ✔︎

Enjoy!!!❤