8. 𖣘 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲 𖣘

The awkwardness of the situation made me flutter and I tried to keep everything cool, I just stepped down the stairs and Eustace came forward, he gave me his hand and we joined the others...

"Were you looking at her? Who is she?"- Jenny asked Edmund.

"W-what? No...I..just...",- he shook his head.

"Yeah, really, who is she Ed?",- Lucy asked.

"She's ..Narnian.",- he said not sure in his words.

"Narnian...",- Lucy said staring at me.

"So you live here? You lived here your whole life?",- Jenny asked.

"No, I, actually I lived in England, I came here the same time as you",- I wasn't sure what to answer so I thought the truth was not going to harm anyone.

"In England?",- asked both Lucy and Jennifer at the same time.

"Well you look our age, right? Our... I mean me and Edmund",- Jenny said.

"Yeah, I've finished school this year too",- I answered quickly

"So you also have prom? Are you gonna dance too?",- Jenny asked.

*Why did she suddenly start asking me so many questions??*

"I-I don't know, I haven't danced till childhood",- I was really confused.

"Oh, we will see now your dance skills",- said Eustace.

The music stopped for a moment and Eustace turned to me.

"Now is the time for the Queen and King's speech, and after that there will be a royal dance... I hope you won't resist to dance with me Maily?,- said Eustace smiling.

I was unsure about the situation but the atmosphere around me and people who were staring at me were not giving me even a chance to think a little bit about what was going on, so I simply replied.

"Yes, of course".

Lucy started her speech and it became silent for a moment... I saw Jenny taking Edmund's hand. She whispered something to Edmund and he nodded. I felt uneasy that moment... something inside me started burning, I felt my heartbeat and my hands shaking when I looked at them, it was something unexplainable. Why was I feeling so...Bad!

Then one of the waiters offered them a drink. None of them refused, and after they took a glass of punch they both started to talk about something.

I couldn't help that strange feeling inside me. I decided to drink something too.

(Edmund's POV)

"Jenny, I'll bring us apple juice",- I said.

"Fine",- she answered.

I went to the table with drinks, Maily was standing there, she wasn't looking good.

"Maily?",- I said quickly and stepped closer.

"Eh...Edmund?",- she mumbled something very quiet which was supposed to be my name...then she shook her head and continued.

"Edmund! I.. just.. wanted to drink something."

"You okay? You are kind of pale. Do you feel bad?",- It looked like she was lost or confused somehow.

"No, haha, I am fine. Yeah! Cool just...I think I'm just a little.. nervous.. I want some juice.",- she answered with a fake laugh, I kind of hate it, she wasn't honest with me, she never did something like that before, all the 2 days we've spent together, she was natural, then what happened.