Chapter 8

I'm updating fast because I'm that awesome! haha...Enjoy this long chapter!

~ 

The four girls – Asta, Freya, Isibel and Maria – ran around the small hut like chickens and squeaked and squealed every time something of someone got in there way. Grida sat in the corner of the living space and stared dully at her nails, being extremely annoyed by her sisters.

“Did anyone see my yellow dress?”, Isibel complained, throwing dresses in every color out of her room and onto the floor. Isibel, well aware of her beauty, made a big deal of her appearance, especially when there was a party. Being nineteen, she had been looking for compatible suitors but had not yet found a man for her standards. She wanted someone who understood her playful nature and could relate to her in that way, but such men only seemed to exist in her dreams.

“I might have seen it somewhere”, Freya said carefully entering Isibel’s room.

“Freya!”, Isibel exclaimed, clearly audible for Grida to hear. Grida smirked when she heard Isibel’s upset voice. “Take it off!”

Grida knew where this argument was going and happily stood up from her lazy chair and leaned against the doorframe of her younger sister’s room. She watched as Freya tried to blackmail Isibel, using a whole lot of gestures, but Isibel did not give in. In front of Grida eyes, the two girls flew at each other, the youngest one clearly overpowering the oldest. Grida watched Isibel pull Freya’s hair and smirked in amusement at the bravery her little sister showed. Isibel did not back away for anything or anyone and Grida sometimes admired the girl for it, though she would never want to be her. Isibel was way too bubbly for her liking.

“Okay that’s enough”, Asta advanced as she entered the room. She pulled both girls by the back of their dresses and held them at an arm length from each other. Both girls were still fuming and breathing heavily from their cat fight, but did decide to give up the fight. Freya eagerly pulled the strings of her corset and undressed herself within moments, throwing the dress at Isibel. She stomped off, mad at Isibel for attacking her. Freya did not like to argue let alone fight, but instinctively protected herself from her sister’s sharp nails.

Asta glared at Grida for not taking any responsibility, but instead of acting offended, Grida acted careless and lifted her shoulders. “Well that was fun”, Grida said before leaving the room and getting back to her lazy chair again.

The five girls walked behind their mother as they approached the large bonfire, lit for the Marwick family. Freya and Isibel had talked earlier and made up their differences. They walked alongside each other, touching each others hair and giggling as they eyed several men that they passed on their way. Some of them were very good looking but did not leave an impression like the man Freya had met the other day.

“Welcome”, a gentle voice greeted them as they neared the bonfire and dancing crowd. Agnes stepped forward and embraced Esther as if they were old friends. The sisters knew their mother had been spening quite some time with the witch Ayana and her supposed friend Esther. Agnes had mentioned her name before and it appeared that Agnes had spoken a word or two about her daughters as well. The only thing left to guess was if those things were anything positive. “It is an honor to have you joining us at this enchanting feast. But then again, you are of course, our guests of honor”, Esther spoke clearly trying to add some humor.

“Thank you for the warm welcome”, Agnes said and nodded at Esther. For a second, Asta thought she caught her mother smiling, but that must’ve been an illusion. Agnes had lost her ability to smile a long while ago.

“And these must be your lovely daughters. Ah of course I already know the Isibel; what a beauty she is”, Esther complemented Isibel before smiling at every single one of the Marwick siblings. The girls smiled at Esther politely, trying to impress the woman that had thrown them this party. The girls introduced themselves to Esther with a curtsy and a smile, before turning to each other to gossip about the lady. Asta, however, stood paralyzed as she watched Esther’s mouth move with every word she spoke to Agnes. So this was the mother of Finn Mikaelson? Asta had to make a good impression if she ever wanted to stand a chance with Finn. She knew it was very important to be on good terms with the mother of a suitor, for it would be his mother that would tie the knot. Mother’s had great influences over their sons’ marriages.

“It is an honor to meet you”, Asta said, ridding herself of her trance and stepping forward. She grasped Esther's hand and shook it eagerly, while staring wide-eyed at the woman. “I’d like to thank you for receiving us so kindly.”

“You are most welcome”, Esther replied uncomfortably and pulled her hand back quickly. Asta heard her little sisters – Freya and Maria – giggle behind her back.

“Shoo you two”, she whispered harshly, yet inaudible for Esther and glared at them. In fits of laughter, the two girls left their siblings and mother behind and strolled through the dancing crowd. Maria, being the shy person she was, did not dare to move a bit, while her older sister found herself swaying her hips to the music. Freya loved dancing and the happy spirit it brought to people. She took Maria’s hands in hers and started jumping in circles, while laughing in pleasure. It took Maria a while to decide whether she enjoyed the dancing or not but did give in eventually. Both girls smiled and danced, being watched by an annoyed sibling.

Grida could not stand the happiness of her sisters, it was simply pathetic. She had greater things in mind for the evening and scanned her surroundings, looking for some fun.

There next to the tree serving as seat, stood a broad build man with a dark beard and matching dark eyes. His muscles arms were bare and she could not help but lick her lips. With her most seductive look, she strutted towards him and tapped his arm.

“Well hello there”, the man greeted her amused. He eyed his friends mischievously and pushed his can of mead against his friend’s chest. “Hold it”, he ordered, never taking his eyes of the dark haired woman in front of him. The contrast of her long dark hair and bright green eyes was alluring and the look in her eyes drove him crazy.

Grida smirked at the man and without words, pulled him behind one of the huts. She immediately crashed her lips against his, roaming her hands in his black shoulder length hair. She wrapped her legs around his waist and with a little too much strength he pushed her against the brick wall of the hut. She yelped in pain, but did not stop kissing the man.

Within seconds her lips were parted from his when he fell onto the ground on his back. Behind the man stood another man, slightly younger than the dark haired man she had been kissing. His sandy blond hair that reached his shoulders blew gently in the evening breeze and his blue eyes were fairly lit by the dim light exuding the bonfire. His face carried a worried look and he stepped towards Grida, though Frida could not exactly make out his features.

“Are you alright Milady?”, he asked concerned and put his hands upon her shoulders. She glared at him and glanced from his eyes, to the moaning man on the ground and back.

“Of course I am fine”, she spat and took his hands off of her shoulders. “Everything was fine, until you came actually.”

The sandy haired man glanced over his shoulder to the man he had thrown onto the ground seconds ago. He recognized the face asKan’s and regretted attacking him.Kanhad carefully built a reputation in the village as a man you should not mess with. He had his group of friends that marched by his side proudly and fought his fights.

“So you weren’t…he wasn’t going to…?”

“No you idiot!”, Grida yelled and pushed past the blue eyed man. She growled as she left both men behind and rejoined the feast again. She was not on to be raped but more likely the raper herself, what a stupid man.

Who did he think he was?