Chapter Nineteen

I woke up this morning having a feeling of uncertainty in my stomach

I woke up this morning having a feeling of uncertainty in my stomach. I looked over to see Karen not there she did tell me she was going to breakfast with Jody I wonder how that is going, I got out the bed going in the bathroom brushing my teeth. When I heard the doorbell wonder who that was I walked downstairs going to the door opening it.

"Mama?"

"Mama?"

"Hey baby" she said hugging me, I didn't hug her back she stepped back looking at me.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"Please Keyshia I have connections all the world." She said walking in the house. I closed the door folding my arms.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I can't come see my daughter?" She asked walking in the kitchen going in the refrigerator.

"Help yourself" I said sarcastically.

She Grabbed the wine out of there pouring some in a glass.

"Why are you here mother?"

"Well, I left your father" she said sitting on the couch.

"What why?" I said sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Because he was cheating with his secretary, you know the one with bad teeth & that ugly hair."

"Ewww how did you find out?"

"I followed his ass to her crusty apartment, I busted him & left."

"So where are you staying?" She made this face at me I knew she wanted something

"No you can't stay here" I said standing up.

"Come on your my only child it won't be that long I promise & we need to get some better wine" she said standing up walking back in the kitchen pouring the wine out.