Chapter 24: "You Look Hot Like This."

status: unedited

status: unedited

warning: five being a horny teen 😂
no but seriously, minorly inappropriate actions between y/n and five
no smut tho

▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎

Five
I'm leaning my head against the cool window, gazing at the pedestrians below. How calmly they go about their daily lives without the horrifying knowledge of the incoming apocalypse weighing down on them. My head hurts with stress, and I'm especially worried about whether Y/N is alright. I just want her to be safe.

My thoughts are interrupted by he sound of Vanya rushing into the room and muttering "Oh, thank god. I was worried sick about you." Turning my gaze to her, I apologise "Sorry I left without saying goodbye." "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I was dismissive... I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest," my sister stares at me with concern in her eyes and nervousness in her tone.

To relieve her slightly, I reply "Maybe you were right to be dismissive. Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well... like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." I smile brightly in a manner that may or may not come off as sarcastic. "Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to talk to. I'm sure Y/N could help... have you told her yet?" I shake my head wordlessly and Vanya sighs "Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information." Mentally groaning, yet still appreciating her concern, I answer "Thanks... but I think I'm just going to get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep." "Okay." She glances at me once last time before strolling out of the room.

Massaging my temples, I'm about to move to check if she has left when Klaus and Y/N tumble out of the cupboard. Klaus stands up drunkenly "That's so touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" Y/N gets up at once and fixes me with a death stare "I'm glad to see you're  including me in things now, Five."  Her voice is icy cold with a tinge of hurt, and guilt immediately encompasses me.

Suddenly, she moves closer to me and trails her hand on my shoulders while walking behind me. Into my ear, she whispers "Don't worry, I'm not mad. I'm just going to get even with you. By tonight, you'll be begging me to stop." The feeling of her in such close proximity causes me to tense up, and her musical voice floods my senses. "I-I'm sure I'll be fine," I stutter. With a ringing laugh, Y/N moves away from me and winks "Sureeee."

My knees feel weak, and my head is spinning slightly with the wonderful scent of her perfume. Klaus bumps into the cupboard, and multiple objects inside clatter to the ground. "Would you shut up? Vanya will hear you!" Klaus ignores me "I'm moist."

I look him up and down and scrunch my nose "I thought I told you to put on something professional." "What? This is my nicest outfit," he replies affrontedly. Y/N places her elbow on his shoulder and adjusts his bowtie "Don't worry Klausy, I think you look absolutely marvelous. Anyone who thinks otherwise has almost no fashion sense." I roll my eyes and she struts towards me "Of course I don't mean you, Five. You always look dashing." She yanks my tie out of my vest and pulls me towards her until our faces are inches apart. I'm aching to kiss her adorable pink lips, but at the last second, she moves away as if nothing happened.