Chapter 16: "Everything Happens For A Reason."

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

5 years later...

Life has been pretty normal ever since Five left. I've trained, gone for missions, hung out with the rest. But there's always a huge gaping hole where Five is supposed to be.

I guess you could say I've become quieter, because I don't really speak unless someone asks me something. However, I'm slowly healing from the wound Five gave me and regaining my personality bit by bit.

I'm sitting cross legged on my bed, engrossed in a new novel. When I read, it's like I can escape from the horrors of the real world and dive into a fantastic fictional universe.

Suddenly, the alarm bell rings sharply, interrupting my short moment of absolute peace. I straighten my tie in the mirror before dashing downstairs.

Mr Reginald is poised in front of the grand doors, hands wrapped around the gold top of his cane. The others arrive soon enough, and we line up quickly, prepared for anything.

The old billionaire scans the room, eyes resting on each of us in turn before announcing "Multiple burglars have just snuck into a mansion on the outskirts of the city. I simply wish for you to capture them without harming the jewels they want to steal."

I smile to myself. This doesn't seem too tough.

But then Reginald continues "As this mission is not at all difficult, I only desire for the males to participate in this assignment."

I groan. Although I had been acting like I was too depressed to go on missions, I was actually itching to join one.

Ben pats my back and smiles reassuringly, trying to cool down my anger at the sexist Mr Hargreeves. Once I calm down, I grin lopsidedly at him.

Number 6 has been super helpful in helping me through the heartbreak of losing Five. Not to say that Vanya hasn't, they've both been instrumental in boosting my mental health.

As the boys line up, I quickly wrap my arms around Ben and hug him tightly. "Good luck for your mission!" "Thanks, N/N." He grins chirpily before strolling out the door.

Mr Hargreeves retires to his room and I skip joyfully to Vanya's room, excited for an afternoon of girly gossip and fun.

• ♤ • ♤ • ♤ •

"I can't believe Allison literally said 'so sue me for looking too pretty tonight'!"

"Yup! Luther was blushing like crazy!"