Chapter 22

Armin POV

Only three days.

Did you know in only three days you can be on the verge of death?

Three days of captivity, no food, only the water that dropped from the roof every so often.

I was sad.

I was weak.

I was in agony.

I was dying.

The blood that had once poured from my stomach was dried and crusty, probably infected.

The lack of water had left my tongue dry and swollen, almost cutting off my airways. I was finding it hard to breathe.

I couldnt move, talk or even open my eyes.

This was the end.

Footsteps approached.

"Wake up." Ymir ordered, but I couldnt do anything and she knew it.

"Not listening again are you?" Krista giggled. "I can fix that." I assumed she was going to kick me, but I heard the door open.

"Guys!!" Mikasa yelled.

"What!? Im busy here." Krista shot back.

"Its Eren." She said. Now when I heard this with all my might I tried to open my eyes. I only managed to open them slightly so everything was blury. Mikasa was standing at the doorway and Ymir and Krista were looking at her, most probably angrily.

"What about him?" Ymir asked.

"Hes catching on." Mikasa replied.

"In what way?" Ymir said, walking towards her.

"And what happened to your backpack?" Krista asked, looking at Mikasa's bag.

"What?" Mikasa asked, taking her bag off her shoulders and examining a rip in it.

"Oh no." Ymir said, looking some objects on the floor. "What exactly happened, tell me now!" She growled.

"Eren and his friends found me and tried to ask me questions. They even trapped me but I escaped. They followed me a bit, fortunatly though they couldnt keep up-"

"IDIOT." Ymir slapped Mikasa across the face.

"W-What?" Mikasa whimpered.

"THEYVE FRAMED YOU. THEYVE CUT YOUR BAG OPEN TO LEAVE A TRAIL BEHIND." Ymir yelled.

"Its okay." Krista comforted her.

"Go back and pick up this trail, BEFORE THEY FIND US." Ymir growled.

Mikasa nodded furiously and ran out.

I smiled weakly.

"What you smiling about?!" Ymir hissed, grabbing a knife out of her belt and plunging it into my thigh. My mouth dropped but no scream came out as the crimson blood dripped down my leg.

Eren, hurry.

Erens POV

"Eren slow down!" Marco chuckled.

"I found something!" I yelled.

"And I found someone." Sasha said, stopping next to me. I looked where she was looking and in the distance I saw Mikasa picking up items off the ground.

I smiled to myself. "Cmon." I said softly, motioning the others the follow me. We walked silently towards her but from an angle she couldnt see us.