After The Benefits End - Part 31

*Liv's POV* 

Dan pulled up onto our drive and I got out before he'd even turned the engine off. I walked through the front door, Luke and Evie's head shot up as I walked in.

"Liv..." Evie began but I held my hand up to her and walked up stairs "Don't Evie."

I slammed my bedroom door shut. Grabbing my small suitcase from the bottom of my wardrobe I began filling it with things I'd need.  I found my phone where I'd left it on my bedside unit. My scrap book still open on the page we were looking at...prom night. I left it where it was continuing to pack. 

I grabbed my phone and opened a new message to Ruby [ I need to stay with you for a couple of days please, it’s urgent! xxx]

I'd finished packing, zipping up my suitcase and placing it near the door. I sat on my bed, my knees curled up and my arms wrapped around them. 

I picked up my scrap book turning it over to the next page, our year eleven 'Graduation' I smiled remembering how happy we were that we were finally leaving school, moving on to college. 

*buzz buzz* 

[Hey , what's happened? I'm sorry but I'm up at me mams for the week. xx]

[Nothing its fine, have fun :) xxx]

Shit. Megan's at her boyfriends and Erin’s on holiday. Who can I text? 

[Kate, I need to stay with you for a couple of days please, it’s urgent!xxx]

Almost instantly I got a reply.

[Sure , what's happened? Is everything okay? xxx]

[Long story I'll fill you in later. Thank you so much, I just need to get away xxx]

[Okay , I'll be round as soon as I can! I’ll beep when I'm outside.xxx]

I placed my phone down beside me and looked back at the scrap book in my lap. 

On the next page were random group photos from college. It’s where me and Evie met Megan and the girls. There's a great picture of me and Evie on Luke and Dan's backs, all with cheesy smiles on our faces. 

I could feel the tears sliding down my cheeks as I looked though the rest of the book. 

How could they just put it behind them? 

Did they talk about it when they were alone? How did I not even notice? 

I had so many thoughts flowing through my head, it was like a constant running thought that I couldn’t get away from.

There were pictures of us all out on nights out, me and all the girls, me and Evie. House parties from over the years, birthday nights out. Some from Glastbury, one of my favourites where me and Dan are covered in mud after a fight. 

I turned over to the next page as my bedroom door slowly creaked open. 

I kept my eyes on my scrap book. It was the middle pages dedicated to me and Evie. Numerous pictures of us throughout the years, with Liv and Evie best friends, sisters, twins! Underneath a picture of us on our twenty first birthday. One huge cake in front of us then the picture underneath being of me and Evie smashing cake into each other’s faces.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" Evie asked me slowly coming over to me.

"That was my plan." I reply still staring at the pictures of me and Evie in my scrapbook.

"Liv come on, you know it didn't mean anything."

I lifted my gaze from the book to hers. "Do I?"