Alone

The ginger haired male looked up as he saw his fiance flirting with a college girl in the corner. He looked down and sighed as he held the empty wine glass in his hand. Feeling all the things he should never feel while in a relationship. Lonely, unwanted, not beautiful, was he not good enough? Surely he wasn't if his fiance had to flirt with others. How could he let it get this bad? What had he done wrong to be treated this way by the person he loved most?

"Hey. Why the long face beautiful?" A tall dark haired brunette man asked. The ginger looked up at him confused. Beautiful? He hasn't heard that in so long.

"I'm Dazai. Dazai Osamu. Now what is a pretty little thing like yourself doing sitting alone at the bar?"

"I'm here with my fiance."

"Fiance? And he left you all by yourself?"

He looked down sadly. He quickly realized it was a sensitive subject for the ginger.

"Well... how about I order you a drink? On me. You seem like you could use it and you definitely seem like you could use the company."

He thought about it for a moment before replying. "...S-Sure..."

Dazai snapped his fingers and yelled. "Oi! Odasaku! Can I get two margaritas on the rocks one for me and one for-"

"...Chuuya... my name is Chuuya."

"For Chuuya." He smiled

"Sure thing buddy coming right up!" Oda responded.

"So Chuuya tell me is this usually your kinda scene? It doesn't seem like you're enjoying this atmosphere too much."

Chuuya chuckled. "That obvious?"

"A little bit." Dazai chuckled.

"No. This really isn't my scene. More of my fiance's. I've never been too big on crowds."

"That's understandable. This scene isn't for everyone."

"Do you like it?"

"Not really no. Just sometimes I like to blow off steam every once in a while after work. And since my friend owns this club, I feel more welcome here than anyone else. Usually my nights are pretty boring and I just drink alone. But for once I am so glad to have you as my company." Chuuya blushed as he sipped his drink.

"I'm glad-"

"Chuuya!" Chuuya turned around as he heard his fiance yell.

"Who the hell is this?!"

"He's-"

"I'm Dazai. Dazai Osamu." Dazai stuck his hand out. "I was just keeping him company until you came back,"

The man smacked his hand and Dazai's eyes widened. "Fuck off!" Chuuya's fiance took his drink and tossed it on Dazai.

"Shirase! What is wrong with you?! That's so rude! Dazai I-"

"Shut up!" Shirase grabbed Chuuya's arm tightly and he dragged him through the club.

"Let go...!" Chuuya tried twisting away. "You're hurting me!"

Shirase dragged him out of the club and to the parking lot.

"Shirase! Stop-"

Shirase turned around and slapped Chuuya hard. Chuuya held his bruising cheek, it wasn't the first time Shirase had hit him. "You have me looking stupid! Talking to another alpha in the bar when I am your alpha when I am your fiance! Does that mean nothing to you?!?"

"N-No...! It's not like-"

"Just shut up and get in the fucking car!"

Chuuya just kept his head down and he quickly headed to the car, little did he know Dazai had ended up witnessing the whole altercation.

*

The next morning Chuuya felt lower than low. Why was he feeling so bad for just trying to have a friend? Shirase had already isolated Chuuya from the little family he did have. And now it was friends. Chuuya hated feeling so alone.

"I'm heading off to work." Shirase said as he leaned down and kissed Chuuya's cheek.

Chuuya cringed when Shirase so much as touched him.

"Are you just staying home?"

"Yes..."

"Good boy. I don't want to have to punish you again." Shirase left and closed the door behind him and as soon as he did the tears flowed uncontrollably. Chuuya had forgotten what love feels like... and he didn't know if he'd ever get to feel love again.

To Be Continued...