Chapter Twenty-One

Henry Stein's pov

"What is this?" I looked around the tunnel. "It... it looks like ink." I walked through the tunnel of the black substance. I was back in the room where the bow was. I grabbed the bow and quickly ran out of the room and back into the vent. This time I went straight across instead of making a right that led back to the room that had the other two vents. The vent was longer and had a few more zig-zags than the others. Up ahead was a fan blocking my way through. 'I can't go through, if I try I might lose a finger-' *Shudder.  Thud* 'Or a limb.' I crawled back making a left turn, back into the room with the other two vents. I went through the vent on my right and crawled through the cobweb filled vent. The vent was longer than the other two. I stopped at a three-way path. One led straight ahead, one led to the right and one led to the left. I went straight ahead, hopefully I'll find the plush or the pin. I entered a room the lights were dim. Shelves and cupboards were broken, pages from books scattered all over the place. Desks and chairs were flipped. The room was just a giant mess like some toddler had a fit because he lost his favorite toy. It was like the child flipped his room inside out.

I checked around the room and sadly there wasn't any sign of a plush or a pin. I crawled through the vent once again. I had gone throught the vent on my right. I came into a room this room was so dim that it felt like the lights weren't even on. I could barely make out the room it's self. Ink was up to my knees, making it difficult to walk through. *Thud, Thud, Thud!* I looked back at the vent. 'I need to hide now!' I ducked behind some crates that were in the corner of the room. The ink was just under my chest. Static echoed throughout the room.
It was another one of those mechanical foxes. Except, this one was missing both of it's ears. Wires sprang out from it's cheeks and wites dangled from it's mouth. It's left and was replaced with it's right foot. It's right hand was where it should be and it's right foot was completely gone along with it's knee. It looks like the fox had a bunch of rocks thrown at it. It's eye was just dangling out of it's socket. The fox looked around the room it walked around the crate I was behind I quickly moved around the crate so the fox wouldn't see me.

Something must have caught it's attention it let out a loud screech like sound. It ran back towards the vent. The lights were off completely I could see a figure of another child this girl was holding a plush, her hair was long and her dress was shredded. She disappeared when the lights flashed back on this time brighter than they were before. I walked towards the vent kicking something in the process. I heard a faint squeak. I put my hands in the ink digging around for the object that I kicked. I picked it up and saw that it was the plush fox. I went back to the vent.

"Just one left then I can leave."