Chapter Fourteen

Henry Stein's pov

"Alright, what's the next task?" I walked up to the Angel's door and put the syringe in the drop box along with the ink blots. "I'll make this simple. Look for valve panals, turn the little wheels. Then bring me their power cores. Don't make me regret sparing you. I can always change my mind." The slot opened up to reveal a plunger. 'What am I going to use this for?' I walked back over to the lift. Bori still sat in his corner his bone I gave him was still in his mouth. I pressed the button the lead to level P it was a short distance. The speakers made static noises. "Don't leave the lift yet." She said.
"On this level there is a Butcher Gang member called the Striker, or maybe you recoginze him as Edgar. Like the other two members of the gang, he too has been corrupted by the ink. Edgar will be carrying one of the power cores. Be careful though he moves quick. Dodge him the best you can. Once you get the power core there will be two more left. One to the right and the other to your left. Watch out though, some of the seachers roam around this area."

"One more thing before you leave the lift. I noticed Alice gave you a weaker weapon. Outside of the lift, the first Miracle Station that you see there should a Gent pipe in front of it. Be careful." I left the lift and the first Miracle Station I saw had a Gent pipe in front of it. I reached for it, but the halls suddenly got darker. The speakers turned back on. "Quickly into the station! He's coming. I'll try to distract him again." She said her voice was in a panic. I hid in the station, and soon the Ink Demon came out from the wall. Minutes went by and he still hung around the level. There were loud thuds coming from the vents.

*Thud, Bang, Thud, Bang!*

It almost sounded like something was running through the vents. The Ink Demon looked up and let out a deep growl. A few seconds later he was gone. I stepped out of the Miracle Station the Striker that the Mangled one called it came out from the hallway. In it's had was one of the power cores. The striker gad hit me a few times causing my skin to turn black and blue. "I need to get the last two power cores." There was a message on the wall writen in ink. The message said: "I don't want to work here anymore". I turned down the hall and came up to another message that said: "He will set us free." I went to the right side of the message towards another Miracle Station. When I entered the room a searcher popped so I quickly hit it with the pipe. I had to get the pipes to the middle so I could get the power cores.
I did the same thing to the opposite side. I went back to the lift as fast as I could. Alice came on the speaker. "You're quite the efficient, little errand boy, aren't you."

The speakers went to static again. "Don't go yet. Get rid of the Gent pipe first then grab the plunger. Alice would find it suspicious if you came back with a different weapon." And that's exactly what I did. I was back down in level Nine once more. The only thing that's on my mind is: 'Will I ever be free?'