Thirty Two

Alessando

Alessando was grinning as Elliot and Laya lay beside him, each with their heads tucked into his neck. It was early in the morning and he'd woken up a few moments ago but he couldn't bring himself to move; Alessando felt as though he'd been dreaming for the past two weeks. Neither Elliot nor Laya had left his side since they'd initially come to talk to him. Alessando felt Elliot shift beside him and looked down to see his blue eyes staring at him.

"Good morning," Elliot whispered quietly.

"Good morning mia vita," Alessando whispered back.
(my life)

The term of endearment made Elliot's eyes widen and Alessando was a bit surprised he understood it.
"I love you," Elliot whispered back.

Alessando hummed, "I love you more. Happy birthday,"
Alessando heard Elliot sigh before cuddling back into his neck, "Thank you."
Alessando pas this fingers through Elliot's blonde curls, "So you understood me?"
Elliot nodded his head, "I've learnt Italian."

"è così?" Alessando chuckled.
(is this so)

"si, l'ho fatto da solo."
(yes, I did it myself)

Alessando gave him a dumbfounded look, "How?"

Elliot finally lifted his head, "I just read some books,"

Alessando kissed his head, "You read some books," he chuckled.

"Mi sei mancata," Elliot whispered.
(I missed you)

Alessando smirked at him gently, "I missed you,"

Alessando looked over towards Laya making sure she was asleep before he spoke, "I haven't had a chance to ask, but Laya how is she doing since....."
He trailed off.

"....since she killed Romani?" Elliot finished his sentence.

Alessando nodded.

"She seems fine, too fine and I don't know if I should be alarmed by it or not."

Alessando nodded before Elliot spoke up again, "She hasn't said anything, but I know she's looking for Malia,"

Alessando gave Elliot a startled look, "What do you think going to happen when she finds her?"

Elliot shrugs going to speak before Laya shifts beside them halting their conversation, Alessando sighs changing the mood, "Come on, its your birthday, let's wake Laya up so we can make you breakfast."

The trio were downstairs an hour later with Alessando making pancakes and Laya making smoothies; Alessando gave Elliot a smile as he sat on a stool close by, not allowed to partake in the breakfast making. Greece slid into the kitchen, squealing making smacking her lips against Elliot's cheek, "Happy Birthday!"
Alessando watched Elliot grin before hugging her back as their family entered the room each one greeting Elliot first.

They all sat around the table, each carrying on a conversation of their own and Alessando looked around grinning as Laya and Elliot chuckled at something Dallas had said. Their lives had done a complete one eighty from a few weeks ago and Alessando couldn't be happier. Alessando suddenly looked down as Laya nudged him in his ribs, "You okay?" She asked.