Five

Alessando

It had been three days of Alessando thinking about both Laya and Elliot. His chest hurt a little from their immediate loss but he was able to cover it up by shooting twice as many people. Alessando kept quiet for the remainder of the trip and finally it was the day before the last raid and Alessando was ready to get it over with. He knew his brothers had sensed his mood and made an effort to change it but he knew only seeing two people could do that.

He'd been monitoring the people they'd saved, well he was looking out for both Elliot and Laya. The police had arrived on schedule and took a note of all the people who'd been captured. A lot of them had been admitted into a hospital and for now that's where both Laya and Elliot would be. In his spare time, he did decide upon doing some research of his own on them and came up with interesting facts; both of them didn't have any family to stay with, while Laya's parents were alive, she was not in contact with them and unfortunately Alessando found out that seventeen year old Elliot was an orphan.

While their circumstances were shitty, Alessando couldn't help but feel a bit lighter about his chances of convincing them that they could stay with him. He shot back a glass of Hennessy and sighed. Their next raid wasn't until the next day and right now, Alessando had time to kill. Making a quick decision Alessando ran out with his black jacket in his hands onto the street, he knew the directions to the hospital like the back of his hand and easily made his way there.

He took a look around the bustling establishment, with the intent to find both of them. He sent a quick smile to the receptionist who received him eagerly, charmed by his good looks.
"Looking for friends of mine, Laya Ou and Elliot Trace." He said quickly, "They came in with the police, three days ago."
The woman scanned her chart, "Oh! The victims! Poor dears all of them, trapped for so many months,"

Alessando quickly nodded, "I agree, it's amazing how the police found them!"
The receptionist shrugged, "I heard the police were given a tip— rumors are spreading, I keep hearing from the nurses that the patients keep talking about the Italian mafia."
The woman nods at Alessando's fake surprise, "But the only mafia I know are the Martini's and they wouldn't deal with this!" she paused, "Anyway let me have your name sir?"

Alessando had thought of using his alias but decided to have some fun, "Alessando Martini."
The receptionist seemed to be well versed in their background because her eyes bulged and she nearly choked on her spit, "Y-y-you....."
"The room number?" He asked politely.
"523" she muttered, "Visiting hours end at eight," she yelled after him as he walked away, smiling to himself.

Soon Alessando stood in front of their room door and took a deep breath, he had no idea why he was nervous and suddenly wanted to turn back, what if they didn't receive him well? Alessando shook his head, reigning his emotions back in, he could do this; he gently pushed the door open and adjusted his eyes to the brightness of the room. He inspected it thoroughly, making sure it was safe, a habit of his before he locked eyes with his little angels who were staring at him in surprise.

"You came back!" Laya said in a hushed whisper.
"Yes I did."
"I told you he would!" Laya said nudging Elliot who Alessando noticed hadn't said a word.
"Are the doctors taking care of you?" He asked taking a seat near their bed.
Alessando noticed two beds in the room, one of them was untouched and smiled at his two angels who were attached to each other.

"Yeah, we're fine." Laya said quickly, "It's nice, being out and all." she smiled and Alessando thought it beautiful.
"I suppose we have you to thank for that."
Alessando chuckled, "No thanks needed." He looked over towards Elliot who frowning with his eyes.
Alessando gave him a smile to which he didn't return, "Have the doctors given you a release date?" He asked.
"Well—" Laya began for Elliot cut her off.
"What are you doing here?" Alessando quickly registered his icy tone.

It would seem Elliot didn't trust him yet, "I came to see you."
Elliot's frown deepened, "Why?"
"Because the both of you are starting to mean something to me and—"
"That makes no sense you just met us!"
"Elliot!" Laya gripped his arm.
Alessando didn't move, he let out a calming sigh before shrugging, "If me being here upsets you, I can always leave..."
"No!" Laya quickly said, of course Alessando wasn't going to leave but he needed to know how much work he needed to put in for Elliot to trust him.

"You left once what's stopping you this time," Elliot muttered defeated.
Huh? So that's what this is about........
"I left because it was what was best at the time. You needed to get to a hospital."
Elliot crossed his arms, "I'm sure you have an on call doctor with the line of work you're into!"
Alessando chuckled, this one was going to be a handful but Alessando only smirked, he liked that.

He turned his attention to Laya who was biting her lip, Alessando sucked in a breath at her watery eyes and pulled his chair closer and slipped his hand into hers.
"If you'll have me," He began, "I'd like to stay."
Elliot scoffed, "Visiting hours end at eight, you have an hour."
Alessando smirked at his snarky comment and watched as Elliot's eyes widened when he noticed his and Laya's entwined hands.

He saw Elliot's frown loosen a bit before sulking, "Behave Elliot!" Laya finally let out, "You know you want to hold his hand too!"
Alessando rested his hand close enough so Elliot could grab it and about five seconds into waiting Alessando felt warmth in both his hands. Alessando lifted their hands up and kissed each of them gently before sighing, "Do you and your brothers run a gang?" Laya asked quietly.
Alessando nodded, he'd be honest up front he told himself quickly, "Not a gang, a mafia. An Italian Mafia."

He studied both their faces looking for any signs of wavering, "Okay." Elliot said softly.
Alessando gave him a soft look, "Do you have a place to stay?"
When both of them shook their heads he nodded, "Another reason I came here was to ask if it would be in best interest of you'd want to come with me."
He let his question sink in, "We'll need to discuss it." Elliot said suddenly.
Alessando saw Laya give him a shocked expression, "But..."

Alessando was amused as they both sent each other glares while still tangled together on the bed.
"I can do that, I'll give you until Friday,"
Laya pouted, "You're leaving again?"
"I can't take you now, and you still have to discuss it" he gave Elliot a look.
"On Friday, you'll give me your answer and I'll see to your discharge."
"You are coming back, aren't you?" He heard Elliot whisper.
"Yes, always."

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

i really liked writing this chapter, it made me all ' mushy ' on the inside!

who's point of view is your fav so far lovelies?