Twenty Three

Alessando

Alessando thanked the valet as he took the keys from his Maserati. Alessando smiled at the sight before him, both Elliot and Laya nervously standing in front of him. To say Laya was excited for the evening was an understatement; she'd been bouncing up and down for the majority of the day and as for Elliot, Alessando could see the never ending smile on his lips.

Laya wore a burgundy dress, with an off the shoulder neckline and a slit that ran up her thigh. Her dark hair cascaded down her back as her almond shaped eyes took notice of the decor of the restaurant, her arm hooked around his as they entered the room. Elliot was on his other side, wearing a navy blue suit, his blonde hair, gelled back neatly and Alessando smiled meeting his gaze.

"This restaurant is gorgeous!" Laya said animately.
The room was simply lit, with candles and a large glass chandelier in the middle of the room. The live band was playing jazz music much to Elliot's amusement as he tapped his foot to the beat. There was a full house tonight and a waiting line that Alessando managed to skip.
"Reservation under Martini." He spoke to the waiter.

The man nodded politely and led them towards their table. Elliot took his seat quickly while Alessando pulled out Laya's chair.
"Thank you." Laya blushed.
Alessando smiled, kissing her forehead before sitting down himself.
"I've been waiting to eat all day! I heard the food here is great." Elliot said scrolling through the menu.
Laya hummed, "Good because I'm starving."

Alessando chuckled, while looking through the menu himself. Alessando listened as both Laya and Elliot made idle conversation and he chuckled at a joke Elliot just made.
"Elliot," Laya rolled her eyes, "Stop being ridiculous!"
Alessando shrugged, "He's right."
Elliot smirked, "See. Alessando knows what's up."

Alessando heard Laya giggle, "Whatever."
An hour later, they sat at the table with their desert placed before them.
"Oh this looks amazing!" Laya squealed.
Alessando smiled, looking at the two of them, his angels, he knew he loved them. Both of them, equally and to show them, he'd gotten them each a gift. He stuck his hand into pocket and rolled his eyes realizing he'd forgotten them in the car.

Alessando kissed them both quickly, "I'll be right back, there's something I need to get."
They gave him suspicious looks but nodded anyway as he left to go into car. He followed the valet out into the parking lot and opened the car door. Alessando grabbed the small boxes and entered the restaurant. Alessando furrowed his eyebrows at the empty seats of both Laya and Elliot. Alessando suddenly grew nervous, as his eyes frantically searched the area for them.

Suddenly he recognized the two as they approached the table, except something seemed off. He tilted his head as they sat down, this time closer to each other than before.
"Hey," he began, "Everything okay?"
Laya nodded her head and Elliot held a small smile to his lips. Alessando noticed they had both pulled away from him and seemed to be holding hands underneath the table.

Alessando cleared his throat awkwardly, "So, Lay, Elle, there's something I have to tell you both."
He shifted, before taking out the boxes he'd forgotten in the car and placing them on the table.
Their eyes seemed to widen at the sight of the presents but before he could open his mouth again Laya cut him off.
"Alessando, before you do that." She gestured to him awkwardly with her hands.
"Elliot and I have something we need to tell you."

Alessando leaned back in his seat, "Okay."
Laya leaned forward, "I don't know how to say this but, Elliot and I, love each other."
Alessando smiled, "That's great, Lay because I...."
Elliot cut him off, "No, you don't understand. We love each other, alone."
Alessando furrowed his brows, "What?"
Laya gritted her teeth, "We don't love you Alessando."

Alessando felt his heart stop, "I— I don't understand."
"We know that you saved us, and we'll be forever grateful for you but what we felt, it was only infatuation." Elliot spoke up.

"So the other night...."

Laya shook her head, "Didn't mean anything."

Alessando searched their faces for this to be some sort of a joke.

"We're sorry, but it's over."

Alessando shook his head, "Did something happen?"
"Did someone put you up to this? Because you know I'll kill them!"

Laya shook her head, "No, nothing like that."

Alessando shook his head again, "I refuse to believe this."

Elliot lifted their interlocked hands, "We didn't mean to lead you on but it's better this way, just the two of us."

Alessando looked at them mouth a-gap, "No, something happened! Tell me what to do so I can make it better!"

Laya shook her head, "No Alessando, there's nothing you can do."

Elliot nodded, "Laya and I have been discussing this for some time now."

"You're lying!" Alessando spoke up, his heart racing a mile a minute, "You have to be."

"We won't be going back to the compound with you."
Laya spoke quietly, "But thank you for taking care of us."

"What?" Alessando managed to say, "Can we not talk this over?"

They both shook their heads.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me and I'll leave you alone!" Alessando said fiercely.

"I don't love you."

"I don't love you either." They said one after the other.

Alessando never thought he'd hear his heart break but as the words pierced him, he could think of no other way to describe his feelings.

"You don't?" The question bubbled in his throat.
"You think your feelings for me were just infatuation, because I saved you?"

"You don't love me?" He whispered softly, his voice vulnerable.

He looked between the both of them as they each shook their heads, he stared into Elliot's blue eyes and into Laya's brown ones, both pairs of eyes he loved and wanting nothing more than to beg, to plead but he instead, he did nothing.

"Where will you go?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter." Laya snapped.

Alessando wanted to rebut but he shut his mouth, his eyes no longer looking at them. He took the boxes off the table and stuffed the presents into his pocket.

"I'll get the check."

Alessando sat silent at the table as he paid for their meal and immediately stood up afterwards. He couldn't bare to look at them, because he knew you wouldn't be able to let them go, so he left without another word.

~*~

A U T H O R ' S    N O T E

id like to let everyone know it hurt me to write that.
:(