Thirteen

Elliot

Elliot had furrowed his eyebrows at the name Alessando has just muttered. Malia? Who was Malia? Since he couldn't ask right then and there, he turned his attention back to his current job of working the communications and whereabouts of their team. From a young age Elliot had been fascinated with computers and electronics and had taught himself how to work them to his advantage. Elliot had always known he was different from everyone else, his level of intelligence higher than the average person but he never tended to show it off— smart mouthing Sir at the orphanage would have only gotten him beaten.

The weeks that has past since their arrival at the compound and they had been some of the best weeks of his life. Alessando has taught him to defend himself thoroughly but combat didn't seem to suit him, this, this did. He thought as he gave Allegro instructions on where was the best way to exit he warehouse they were at. At their safe departure, Elliot leaned back in the chair when Dallas squeezed his shoulder and Greece smiled, "Nice work."
Elliot turned his attention to Ben who had his lips pursed, "Not bad kid, capo should give you my job."

Elliot smirked, he intended on taking it. Laya bounced to his side before kissing his cheek.
"You did so good!"
Elliot chuckled before kissing her forehead and turning his attention to Greece, "Who's Malia?"
Greece's blue eyes displayed a bit of unease but she hid it well before replying.
"A woman, the wife of the man they went after."

Elliot nodded, the way Alessando had said her name made it seem like they had history. But Elliot would figure that out later as he stood up from the chair he was in and told everyone he was going to his room. Laya had nodded her head saying she was going to wait up for Alessando to which Elliot nodded and went to sleep.

Elliot didn't know how long he'd been asleep but when he woke up to the muttering of voices. Both, he recognized as Alessando and Laya.
"Why didn't you come home with them?" Laya asked.
"I was helping a friend of mine."
He heard shuffling in the darkness before Laya spoke up again, "Was it that Malia girl?"

Elliot perked up in the silence, even though he wasn't seeing them he could tell Laya had her arms crossed and Alessando had just narrowed his eyes.
"Yes it was."
Elliot sat up then causing the couple to look at him, "You woke Elliot." Alessando muttered.
Laya gave him a look before pursing her lips, "What time is it?" He asked.

"Three in the morning." Laya muttered angrily.
"And you just got back?" Elliot questioned.
Laya looked smug, "Allegro and the others were back at midnight."
Elliot watched Alessando frown at the interrogation, "The man we visited, I knew his wife—"
"Meaning?" Elliot questioned.
"I slept with her."

"He ended up finding out, didn't take it well because she claimed she loved me which is why he started sending threats. We visited him to sort that out but he attacked us and I found her, she didn't look good. He'd hurt her."
Alessando was rubbing his forehead, "Do you love her?" Elliot heard Laya ask.
Alessando shook his head, "I got around but with people I never really felt anything for. Malia, I cared for more than the others but I didn't love her."

Elliot narrowed his eyes, "Where is she?"
"At one of the hotels we own."
Elliot nodded as long as she wasn't at the compound, he knew what the rule was.
"The only reason I stepped up to help her was because I felt guilty. Felt like I put her in that situation with her husband."
Elliot looked at Laya who was staring at Alessando,
"I want to meet her."

Alessando looked just as surprised as Elliot was but just nodded chuckling a bit. Alessando looked at Elliott.
"I'm proud of you." He said resting his hand on Elliot's cheek.
"You were amazing behind the computers."
Elliot didn't want too, but he blushed and shrugged while Alessando continued, "Allegro wanted to offer you the job."

This caused Elliot to grin, "Yes!"
Alessando smiled, "I'll tell him the good news. Though that doesn't mean you don't have to train."
Elliot rolled his eyes but nodded anyway, kissing Alessando's cheek quickly.

~*~

The next morning Elliot sat beside Alessando while eating his eggs and bacon, Laya on the other side of Alessando eating the same. The table has been silent before Arturo spoke up speaking directly to Alessando in Italian. The foreign language made him and Laya look at each other suspiciously. Alessando replied which made Elliot look up at him. He knew he shouldn't necessarily pry, but he was curious as he was pretty sure he'd heard Malia's name in there somewhere.

At the end of breakfast Elliot watched both twins walk off into the distance as he, Laya and Dallas watched their men walk away.
"What are they conspiring about?" Dallas asked.
Laya shrugged, "No idea."
Elliot crosses his arms, "Think it's about time we learn Italian."
This caused the women to laugh before returning to their plates but Elliot just smirked, sounds like a plan.

Alessando returned shortly after with his phone to his ear. His lips in a thin line before he spoke, "I have men posted outside your room and in and around the hotel."
"Yes, Arturo is coming to see you later today...."
"No, I can't. I have people in my life now."
Elliot narrowed his eyes at the phone, it wouldn't take him much to guess who it was.
"Yes well I'll think about it."

Alessando hung up promptly and ushered both him and Laya to their room.
"Both Arturo and myself are going to the hotel later today to see Malia and if you want you can both come too."
Elliot nodded the same time Laya did. Elliot was interested in meeting this woman, the woman Alessando had cared for.