Chapter 40 Shatter Me

Louis's POV

"Ouch!"

" If you didn't move so much it wouldn't be so painful, now hold still!" 

I sighed tiredly as I stood still on the small stool, I glanced over my shoulder to look at myself in the mirror of me and Aisha's shared bedroom. My eyes were dark and seemed as if they were dead, I had a bit of stubble coming in on my chin and my hair was an absolute wreck. I grimaced in distaste of my current state, I stared back at my reflection and instead of seeing me I saw Eleanor staring right back at me with tears in her eyes. My lips trembled as I saw her place her small hand against the mirror as if it were a window, she gave a small smile as she saw my own eyes filled with tears.

"It's going to be ok." She spoke

"El...I love you." I whispered my voice shaking.

"I love you too Louis, i'll never forget you." She smiled as I saw the mirror begin to fill up with water, it was as if she was in a box and someone was filling it with water.

"Don't go, please don't leave me Eleanor." I sniffled

"Louis save me...please get me out of here. I need to be with you Lou!" She cried as the water began to pool around her thighs.

I tore away from the man fitting me into my suit, I looked around the room and grabbed a brush. I ran to the mirror and smashed it, Eleanor crashed into tiny pieces around me as all was left was the frame. I picked up a large shard of glass and stared into it, there was Eleanor still pounding against the glass. I sobbed and clutched the glass to my chest, to hear her voice again was like a breath of fresh air.

I could end this.

I could get out of this terrible world, get away from everything with just this shard of glass. But instead I held this glass to my heart tightly, so I tightly I felt the shard cut into my own skin. Causing the scarlet liquid to stain the carpet beneath me, I cried out Eleanor's name over and over like a broken record. I couldn't stop saying her name, I haven't heard her name come from my lips in so long. Only the name of that bloody witch. I felt my heart physically hurt from the effort of my sobbing, it felt as if I was going to cough up my stomach.

My Eleanor, my sweet Eleanor. I love you so much...

"Louis! You've gotten blood all over the tux, I especially ordered it for you knowing.."

"Just shut up about this bloody tux! I don't care about this tux or anything about this stupid marriage, all I care about is my Eleanor. My sweet Eleanor, god I miss you so much." I sobbed

"Louis, forget about her. She's not in your life anymore, its time for you to think about our future together." She spoke kneeling beside me.

"If my future was to be spent with you, I would rather spend the rest of my life buried in the ground. You expect me to just forget about her? How could I possibly try to forget the one person that loved me in spite of me, no matter how many times I've treated her so wrongly. She still loves me, she makes me feel like the luckiest man alive and you can never take her place. No one could ever take her place." I cry as there is now a large puddle of my blood gathering on the floor, I drop the glass to the floor and just cry.

"You're being too difficult Louis, this would be so much easier if you would just cooperate." She sighed standing to walk away. I shot my hand out and gripped her wrist in my blood soaked hand, her eyes widened as I tugged her back down from where she stood. She looked at me with a sudden terrified look, her wrist twisting in my hold. 

"How would you feel if you were taken from your family, say for instance I was your family. You were forced to marry your kidnapper and forced to forget about your family, forced to forget about me and marry another man?" I growled as I watched her eyes water.