Play The Game

I love this song, and I don't know why. This is another au in high school.

"I know you like him."

"Shut up, Kilorn." Mare huffed as she slammed her locker shut.

"But you know he likes you."

"I have a boyfriend." Mare trudged to the cafeteria as her best friend followed.

"But still, even Maven can see you not infatuated with him anymore."

"Tyton is two years my senior. He doesn't even really talk to me."

"Oh come on Mare. You have two classes with him, and you sit beside him in both of those classes. If that doesn't spell romance—"

"It spells s-i-t-t-i-n-g  b-e-s-i-d-e  h-i-m. That's it."

"Mare, you talk about him more than you think. And when I see you talk to him, he blushes, you blush, and talk all cute like and everything—"

"I appreciate you telling me this, but this is not the same with your significant other."

"Girlfriend."

"Whatever. Trust me, it's not that simple."

Kilorn only grinned, signalizing that he was about to sing, again.

"Kilorn—"

"Come one Mare. Just see the truth here. You like him, and he likes you too. Forget the manipulative boyfriend. Just.... open up your eyes and let him step, inside...."

"Can you stop—"

"Rest your weary head, and let your heart, decide.

It's so easy, when you know the rules, it's so"

"Hard, Kilorn. You don't get it."

"All you have to do is fall in love,

Play the game.

Everybody play the game.......

Of love...."

Mare sighed while pinching the bridge of her nose. "Who is it?"

"Play The Game, by Queen." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. He stopped abruptly as he saw Tyton approach the pair. Scratch that, Tyton was approaching Mare.

So, Kilorn being Kilorn, grinned and started to sing again. "When you're feeling down and your resistance is low.."

"Shut up," she mumbled, then blushed when Tyton was a few paces away.

"Light another cigarette—"

"WHO'S SMOKING IN THE CAFETERIA?!?" He forgot that the teachers were very strict when it came to drugs and smoking. But yet a good few of the students did worse things and no notice was taken.

"And let yourself go........."

..........

Mare blushed while looking down at her phone.

"Ah, so you finally got his number."

"Kilorn, when do you ever be quiet?" She hissed, and then proceeded to text something back.

"So what did he say?"

"Nothing much. We're just friends."

Kilorn deadpanned her. "I text you things from across the room, and even then you only smile. You never blush at my texts."

"That's because you're my best friend."

"Right. Just remember Mare."

"Remember what?"

"That your game of love had just begun,

Love runs from my head down to my toes—"

Mare slapped him before he could sing anymore.

If there were any mistakes, let me know. I did not edit properly. 

Also, what is it with me and updating 3 times today? I'll update again in a good few hours, so stay tuned for that.

And about the song. Not all the lyrics were put, and if you know the song, I love you. If you don't, I suggest listen to it. It's basically about taking a shot at love.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂