I Don't Have A Name For This

So I said that eventually I'd write another alternative to the infamous King's Cage ending. Here it is.

Spoilers. Taylor, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST, SECOND, OR THIRD BOOK.

Twenty minutes and thirty seconds late. Thirty-two, thirty-three, thirty-four, thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, four—

The doors banged open, and in rushed a disheveled king. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I believe I was detained." That was true. Evangeline couldn't help but smirk at what really kept Tiberias from being on time.

"See to it that it doesn't happen again, Your Majesty." Her father grumbled.

"Yes, yes, of course." Now that was a complete and utter lie. This had been happening ever since Mare took the position as his mistress. A shock, really. Concubines were not unheard of, but a Red as one?

The times really had changed from there. And not just the late showing, but the decrees passed. Rumor had it that Mare had been much more of an influence than the Queen herself. Reds had fair pay (but not without  resistance), dwindling numbers in house-hold servants, and conscription wasn't even in place anymore. Norta was destroying itself, yet building back up  stronger and better than before.

Evangeline zoned out during the meeting. It's not like she was that important in the first place, so she held Elane's invisible hand throughout the meeting, and placed the other one on her growing stomach.

A teeny tiny one, I know, but I think this was a fun bit to write.

AND GUYS. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I LOOKED CUTE AND ANOTHER TIME THAT I WAS PERFECTION . I'M FREAKING OUT

This is the third writer speaking, and have a good day.🙂