I Hate the Waves

Funny thing is, I have recently come home from the beach. While I was there, I swallowed a lot of salt water. But anyway..............

Here's a modern one shot for ya'll.

Normally he didn't like sharing with his brother, but this time he was willing to let it slide if it meant staying away from his mother.

So Maven and Cal both shared an apartment on the other side of the city where their parents lived.

Or rather, their father. They don't talk about Cal's mother much.

They don't do much outside their home, but while Maven trudged to the kitchen to grab a yogurt, he heard—

"I guess we could. No, we don't have anything planned for Saturday. Uh-huh.......Yeah. Okay. But Mavey hates water. I don't think...."

Well he was right about that. It even hurt to think about that time so long ago.

He never should've gone in the water. Every wave crashed against the shore, a taunt more than anything. The salt dried his throat, stung his nose, and he was pretty sure his eyes were bloodshot. It was as if the ocean itself tried to kill him......

He was brought back to reality where his half-brother was snapping his fingers in his face. "Maven? Hello? You there?"

"What?"

"I asked if you wanted to go-"

"No."

Cal furrowed his brows. "Why not?"

Okay, okay. One of the actual main reasons was because Maven didn't want to see Cal suck face with his girlfriend (he was not a fan of the beach either) but his response was different.

"I hate the waves. They offend me." He muttered.

Cal was still perplexed. "Maven............ we're going camping near a lake."

Annnnnnd done. This took a pretty long time to write 'cause I was losing motivation. But hey, I tried my best with this, though I'm pretty sure I ruined that phrase for ya'll.

But what do ya think?

This is the third writer speaking, and have a good day🙂