❝ sixteen.

Wooyoung had to call Yeosang to pick them him and Yunho up from the beach. Before he only needed to carry a suitcase with a tent and all his clothes inside but now it going to be more difficult now that he had to support Yunho while walking.

While they were on call, Wooyoung didn’t mention any details about Yunho having legs and he hung up before Yeosang could even ask about it, left with a handful of questions and so he was beyond amazed when he saw them.

“How did that happen?” Yeosang gasped as he got off his car, walking towards Wooyoung and Yunho, obviously eyeing the mermaid’s legs.

“Some mermaids can do it, I guess. His great, great grandma was human. He explained but I was sleepy to focus.” Yunho looked at Wooyoung with a frown but he shorter boy was too busy giving his suitcase and the rest of his things to Yeosang. After that, he lead him to the car.

Yunho let out a relieved sigh when he leaned back against his seat after they got in. “Standing is so tiring,” he complained. Wooyoung who was sitting next to him gently caressed his thigh and leaned against his shoulder. “But cars seem scary…”

“You’re going to get used to it. Hopefully.” Wooyoung hummed softly, nuzzling against Yunho's shoulder. “And cars aren’t that scary, I guess. Also, Yeosang is an experienced driver even though we’re not going a long way now.”

“Why don’t you have a car?” The older tilted his head to look at Wooyoung.

“Had to choose between a car and moving to live here and repairing my house. I have a license but I’ve almost forgotten how to drive. Or I’m just not good at it in general.” Wooyoung chuckled.

“And anyone can drive?”

“Yeah, if you have the needed age.”

Yunho only nodded, thinking about how cool it would’ve been if his legs weren’t useless and if he could drive. But he already knew he was never going to be able to have a license because now he was existing in human's world undocumented.

Yeosang drove them to Wooyoung's house and helped with leaving everything inside while his best friend was walking with Yunho.

The mermaid felt his heart beat fast from excitement but on the other hand his head hurt a little because he tried to take his time observing everything around himself. He couldn’t. There was just too much.

He sat on the couch when they got inside and Wooyoung placed a pillow behind his neck.

“I'm gonna go now,” Yeosang announced after everything was done, patting Wooyoung on the back in the most awkward and “bro” way possible.

“Won’t you stay for a little?” Wooyoung pouted, wishing he would spend some time both with Yunho and Yeosang.

Yeosang just started walking backwards towards the front door while making gestures with his hands. Wooyoung squinted and looked at him questioningly.

“He says he has to go home because his boyfriend is there,” Yunho said, lazily resting his head against the pillow.

“Bingo.”

“How’d you figure that out?” Wooyoung turned his head and looked at Yunho over his shoulder with knitted eyebrows.

The mint haired boy shrugged. “Mingi always does that when he can’t find a good excuse and doesn’t want to straight up tell me that he wants to go hang out with Hongjoong.”