❝ three.

When  Wooyoung woke up around four or five hours later, it was already noon and  Yunho  was gone. He was right about one thing, his back hurt so much that he couldn't even put it into words. It was his own fault for sleeping there anyways.  

The sun was shining almost aggressively at him and the sand was painfully hot around him, he realized as he moved his hand to the side and felt it against his skin, jerking his hand away almost right after. He was making mental notes on what he had to do that day and it really wasn’t much but the most essential thing was that he had to go back home because he was hungry. His stomach was going to start protesting to be fed any time soon.  

He sat up, feeling uncomfortable because his clothes were full of sand  and he felt like he was melting underneath the fabric because of the heat.  He realized his hair was in sand too  and his body was covered in a thin layer of annoying, sticky sweat. With a  groan, he stood up and tried shaking off most of the sand  from himself.  Then, he gathered his things in his backpack and headed home.  

His phone hadn't been charged in over a day and it didn't have any battery at all  since his mind was too busy being occupied with thoughts about  Yunho  that he didn’t even remember to charge at work. The  first thing Wooyoung did as he got home was to charge it. He left it on  his nightstand  and went to the kitchen while he was waiting for all the notifications that he had missed to stop popping out all at once.  

Making his way through the small kitchen, Wooyoung reached up to open one of the top cupboards, mumbling something out disapprovingly as he couldn't find any instant noodles. He dragged a chair and climbed up to check and make sure . He  was left really disappointed when he found out that his supply of noodles was gone. He was too lazy to cook anything and wasn't going to settle for anything that took more than three minutes to make.  Yes, he was hungry, but he wasn’t that desperate.  

He went back to the  bedroom  and took his phone, checking the time before dialing one of his friends. He sat down on the  edge of  the  bed , lightly swinging his legs above the ground while waiting.  

A wide smile appeared on his face as the other picked up, letting out a quiet and sleepy "hello".  

"Hey,  Yeosangie ~" Wooyoung beamed, not taking too long to get to the point.  He knew that otherwise his friend would’ve gotten moody and nothing would go his way.  "Do you want to go grab something to eat? I'm too lazy to cook, so I thought we could go out."  

For the past months,  Yeosang  got to know  Wooyoung quite well . He was  already familiar with some of his habits such as him calling him to go out when he wanted to do something but didn't want to be by himself.  

The line went silent, Wooyoung was only able to hear quiet rustling from the other side  for a few moments. He secretly hoped Yeosang wouldn’t ditch him because he didn’t have anyone else to go out with at that time .  

"You can come over instead," Yeosang suddenly spoke again. He didn't sound that sleepy anymore. "I have plenty of food at home and I can cook for you, too, if you want."  

Wooyoung got really excited about the offer since he had never been invited to  Yeosang's  home even though he lived just five minutes away.  The closer he’s ever gotten to his friend’s house was  at the gates of the front yard  when he walked him home after work. They didn’t always happen to be at work at the same time because Yeosang also took day shifts  and  he  didn’t have much free time  but they still  kept in touch as much as possible.