❝ fourteen.

A day.

That was the time Wooyoung had left. He was still trying to get distracted from all that and he decided that he was going to spend the last few days with Yunho, almost not going back home and only going to work when he had to.

He decided to camp on the beach, pulling up a tent and taking a suitcase with clothes he needed. He only went home every day to shower and make food for himself and that was all. The rest of the time he was with Yunho.

Maybe he was taking things a little too far, he realized that. He was overreacting enough to camp outside. But it wasn’t his fault. He felt like his heart wouldn’t handle being far from Yunho for so long. He wanted to be with him as much as possible the last few days before he and his family and friends would move away until next summer.

“It’s already getting colder,” Wooyoung said with a chuckle as he went out of his tent, putting on a hoodie to keep him warm. He went over to Yunho and sat beside him, stretching his legs out and letting out a relieved sigh, already feeling warmer than he did just a few minutes ago.

He gently took the mermaid's hand in his own and hummed in surprise. “You’re so cold.”

“Have you ever gone fishing and caught a warm fish?” Wooyoung shook his head lightly. “Exactly. Now use that knowledge and remember that I’m technically a fish.” Yunho placed his free hand over his mouth and giggled, finding what he said way funnier than it actually was. Somehow the fact that Wooyoung also snorted calmed him that he  probably hadn't said the most stupid thing possible.

“Technically, you pass as human, too.” Wooyoung moved their hands in his lap and snuggled against him. He was slowly brushing his thumb over the back of Yunho's hand and rested his head against his shoulder. “Otherwise it would be weird that I'm in love with a fish,” he added. He looked up at Yunho and quickly kissed him on the cheek.

“Wait, does this mean you’ve looked at regular fishes the same way that you look at me but the fact that I'm half human calms you?” Yunho tilted his head to look at the other and frowned.

“No, you’re the only fish I will ever look at in that way.” Wooyoung brought his free hand up and cupped Yunho's cheek. He pecked his lips a few times and smiled. “And this most definitely won’t change.”

Yunho pecked back each time and lightly rubbed his nose against Wooyoung's. “That’s good.” He kissed him for a little longer afterwards.

Over the past two weeks he had a lot of time to think. He evaluated his relationship with Wooyoung, he even went all the way and asked his parents and Mingi for advice. So now he had a plan and knew what to do, feeling even more confident thanks to the fact he had his family’s support with his decisions.

Actually, Mingi didn’t really support him. He even tried discouraging Yunho and telling him that whatever he was planning was not worth it. But he finally gave in when Yunho didn’t show any signs of changing his mind at any point.

“Tomorrow is my last day here,” Yunho mentioned as if Wooyoung wasn't already painfully aware of that. It felt like he was rubbing salt into the wound. "I will be here when you come back after work. And I have a surprise for you.” He started slowly combing his fingers through Wooyoung's hair, pushing it back a little.

“What surprise?” Wooyoung asked, tilting his head to the side and looked at Yunho again with eyes full of curiosity.

“You’re going to see tomorrow.” He stopped Wooyoung before he could whine about it. “If I tell you now, how is it going to be a surprise?”