❝ ten.

It felt like a déjà vu for Wooyoung when he woke up. His entire body hurt, his neck was stiff, literally nothing seemed in his favor as far as it concerned normal and comfortable movements without anything hurting or a bone popping or creaking. What was different about him waking up at the beach this time was that he had what to sleep on and  Yunho  was there too. True, the mermaid had moved to sleep in the water, only his head and shoulders rested on the dry sand, so he wouldn't “turn into a raisin”.

But Wooyoung appreciated the fact he still chose to stay there instead of going home to sleep more comfortably.  

Wooyoung took his surprisingly comfortable inflatable pillow, got up and walked over to  Yunho .  He admired how cute he looked while sleeping, a small smile tugging at the edges of his lips before  carefully lifting his head up to place the pillow underneath it.  

Thankfully,  Yunho  didn’t wake up .  Wooyoung lied down on his back next to him and closed his eyes , relaxing at the feeling of the  warm water.   He started thinking about the events that occurred the previous night , not able to stop the blush spreading over his face all over again.  

The fact that  there was something between them didn’t bother him  unlike other things did. He was well aware he’s been attracted to boys his entire life, that was nothing new to ponder on.   And there was no point to worry about how society would react to all that because no one could see them, they weren't around people.  

What bothered him, though, was that if their feelings for each other grew, they wouldn't be able to maintain a relationship together. Wooyoung already had difficulties accepting the fact he wasn’t going to see  Yunho   for almost nine months.  

He nibbled down on his lower lip, trying his best not to think about that. He wanted to focus on the good things. Like his relationship with  Yunho , for example. Like the good things happening.  

“What are you thinking about?” He got startled because of  Yunho's  voice and opened his eyes, turning to lie on his side and looking  at  him.  

“It’s nothing.” Wooyoung shrugged  at which  Yunho rolled his eyes and groaned.  

Yunho  sat up and leaned above the  other boy, studying the expression on his face closely.  For a second Wooyoung felt even a little bit intimidated though he didn’t expect that was possible  because Yunho's  face was just so soft and squishable.   

“ Something’s bothering you. What is it?”  

“I was just thinking about how you’re going to be gone in a month and a half,” the dark haired boy admitted, his eyebrows  slightly curling upwards and his lower lip forming into a pout that  Yunho  always found so endearing. There was no point of lying or going around the truth because he was still going to tell Yunho about his concerns sooner or later.  “What’s going to happen to us after that?  We can’t see each other, we can’t even keep in touch. How am I going to know if you’re alright and if you’re going to come back at all?”  

The mermaid sighed  and leaned closer to Wooyoung . He pressed his lips against his forehead and closed his eyes, staying like that for a while. After he pulled away, he looked at Wooyoung  again . “Don’t worry about that now. There's plenty of time until then and we can figure something out.”  

With a light nod,  Wooyoung wrapped his arms around Yunho  and pulled him into a hug .  Yunho  was quick to relax into the hug, causing Wooyoung to be pinned down against the sand by his weight in a rather painful way for his already pained bones.